SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilesesq

Hedge my bets by buying laundry suite from Costco?

smiles33
10 years ago

We're in the market to replace our current front loader Frigidaire washer/dryer from 2002. Still working great but we're going to move the set to our vacation home.

I know I want another FL but this time I want pedestals so I don't have to squat down to load/unload laundry. Yet every brand seems to have serious complaints.

I'm thinking of limiting myself to whatever Costco carries since they have such a fantastic return policy. I know I can't expect my washer/dryer to last 10+ years (at least given what I've been reading here and elsewhere), but I certainly want it to last more than 1-2 years.

Costco currently has Maytag Maxima and Whirpool Duet laundry suites on sale for under $2K. Both sets include pedestals. I could also go to Home Depot/Lowes and get LG or Samsung suites for about that same price.

We are a family of 4 (2 girls under 7) and I'd like to stay under $2K but am willing to spend more if it's highly likely I will get over 10 years' use out of them with minimal (if any) service needed.

Feedback?

Comments (4)