SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Independence Day picnic (pictures)

annie1992
13 years ago

Happy Independence Day, a day late. Hey, I was recovering! (grin)

As usual, Amanda hosted the 4th of July picnic and as with most of my family gatherings, we had an assortment of everything.

Pizza that was supposed to look like a flag, but the stripes kind of melted...

{{gwi:1542573}}

I sacrificed some of the new potatoes from the garden for a big bowl of potato salad. David doesn't like hard boiled eggs so the sauce was mayo with mustard and parmesan cheese, and there was bacon in place of the eggs in the salad itself.

{{gwi:1542574}}

I wasn't the only person that brought brownies, but an entire half sheet pan was eaten, mine were the favorites. I'd like to think it's because I'm such a great cook but it was really because mine had frosting and sprinkles.

{{gwi:1542575}}

I hauled out my extremely fancy crystal....um....I mean thermos, and made some sangria with local strawberries, fresh peaches, some triple sec, ginger ale and some kind of sparkling white wine I got on sale. It was pretty good after I added fruit, sugar and gingerale, LOL.

{{gwi:1542576}}

We had boys with scooters (that's Bud with his cousin Xander):

{{gwi:1542577}}

Girls with sparklers (Makayla and her cousin Kaylynn)

{{gwi:1542578}}

Grandmas (yes, that's my 4'10" mother next to The Princess, she's gonna outgrow "The Little Gramma" in not too long):

{{gwi:1542580}}

Men playing euchre:

{{gwi:1542581}}

Miracle children (that's Linsey on the left, remember the baby with heart problems and Down Syndrome that everyone said so many prayers for here?)

{{gwi:1542582}}

Lots of cousins:

{{gwi:1542583}}

Family Pets:

{{gwi:1542584}}

And lots of these:

{{gwi:1542585}}

{{gwi:1542586}}

And a big heartfelt thanks to those who have given so much to make this kind of day possible for me and mine.

Annie

Comments (26)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH