SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostieca

Miele W4800 new user issues

ostieca
16 years ago

Hi all,

That's my first post here. A bit of background: I'm a man, never owned a washing machine before, living alone in a rented appartement located in Montreal, Qc, Canada. I'm also french-canadien, so my english sometimes have a twist.

I'm using the Miele washer for about a month and I think I'm a victim of the Miele marketing. The more I use it, the less I understand why it should be a great washer. It costed me about 2K$ and I all I get is noise, vibration, zero drain/spin flexibility and the quality of the cleaning is not better that what I'm used to with a TL. And the door hinge can't make the door latch aligned with the lock, so the latch rub on the plastic of the front panel. This is not a big issue, but still, assembly should be really good on a product designed in Germany, right?

To the defense of Miele, the floor is a piece of junk and I, as well as my neighborhood, can live with the vibration. But why the drain pump is so loud, I don't know.

From what I can understand, I should have choose the W4840 just to have the added drain/spin flexibility. Well, the salesman never mentionned it at first. And then, I'm wondering why asking more money for this as this option is available on a freaking 500$ TL machine. I mean, who never use the drain/spin alone on his washer? That's non-sense.

Last thing, quality of the cleaning. What I have here is Ultra Sunlight HE Sensitive and Shout Oxy Power. I use the Shout only with whites. I have two concerns about the washing cycle:

1. Suds and quantity of detergent. I always run a cycle with the Sensitive option. As I'm writing this, the washer is at the third rinse and there's still a lot of suds and I have used less than the recommended quantity of detergent. I have to run another full cycle just to rinse off the detergent. It defeats the water saving measure I liked in this washer.

2. White clothing. I set the washer to Extra-White Extended, add detergent and a half-scoop of Shout, as I'm not sure of the impact of it on my FL washer. Well, whites are still yellow, flat and "cruchy". What did happened to my once bright, white, fluffy towel? I first thought that I've put too much pieces (10 Medium T-Shirts, 2 towels, 2 Medium Polos), so I ran the same cycle with half the load size. Same thing. Not enough detergent? Again, if I use more, I have to run a second cycle just to remove the suds.

No, I have not contacted Miele. For me, it's the last resort solution. I think it's more a user problem than a machine issue. That's why I'm coming here to ask: What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any input.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio