SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alabamanicole

Scene controllers

alabamanicole
14 years ago

I am building a new house and I have one 3-room open area which will have multiple dimmable lighting options in each. What I would like to have are 2 programmable scene controllers (one at each main entry) which control all of the various light groups. I'm not looking for anything terribly fancy and hard wiring is 100% acceptable.

Someday I'd like to have some basic home automation, so if the scene controllers could also integrate with one of the various wireless automation systems or could be hardwired to my data closet, that would be a huge plus.

I can find the scene controllers for sale, but not any information on what you need to control the various items. Most of the "receivers" I see are for plugging in lamps and such to existing outlets. With all the multitude of parts available, it's difficult to put together a system without knowing the names of what you are looking for!

Can anyone give me the names of basic parts that I would need, or point me to a tutorial that covers this kind of situation? The ones I have found online haven't really applied to my situation.

Thanks!

Comments (10)