SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidandkasie

ideas for remod of laundry room

davidandkasie
16 years ago

our house has a LARGE LR, at least for our area. the room measures 12x12.

currently there is a closet, teh washer, dryer, and 3 upper cabinets along the south wall. the west wall has a 3x6 window and nothing else. the north wall has nothing but a deep freeze and an exterior door at the east end of it. the east wall has the entry doorway fromteh breakfast room, then blank wall for maybe 5 ft over to teh current closet.

our plans are to remove the closet so that we can install a laundry sink. but we also want to put in several upper and lower cabinet and get rid of the current uppers.

i am thinking a tall cabinet next to the LS, uppers above all this, then onthe west and north walls definite base cabinets and where we have room uppers. this will give tons of storage, and since it is basically right next to the kitchen maybe part of it could be used for a pantry since our current kitchen cabs don't hold much but that is a later project!

the east wall would have enough room for a built in ironing board and/or possibly for hanging of clothes.

i am wondering how much is too much when it comes to cabinets and countertop space in a LR of this size?

each bedroom has it's own clothes hamper, we don't bring dirty clothes in the laundry until time to wash, but i would like to find something to possibly contain hampers for seperated clothes.

Comments (3)