SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Good Rug Deal? Should I get them?

ttodd
12 years ago

I live by the following in my decorating: "If it's time for me to get something that I want but don't need then it will present itself at the right price at the right time and I will be able to afford it at that time. If not then I will have no worries to go w/o."

For a few yrs. I've wanted some type of natural grass rugs but nothing was ever really in my very modest price range that was just what I wanted. Too lumpy, too bumpy, too scratchy, too rough too cha ching! So we've gone w/o rugs for a few yrs now.

This morning I found 2 flat braided jute rugs that fee really soft on the feet. They are each 5x7 and are $50 each. I think that they may be a tad too small (I'm terribly at spacial planning) so I bought one to try and they are holding the other one for me. 1 for LR, 1 for office that sort of act as one room so I treat them as 1 room decor wise.

1. Is that a decent price or might I find something else somewhere down the line? Rugs really have never really been on my radar so I can't say I know too much about what's out there unless it's at IKEA!

2. My sofa and chairs won't have their front legs on the rug - will the rug look too small for the room? It goes almost right up to the front legs of everything and there's plenty showing under the coffee table.

3. The coffee table that I would ideally like to use when I get our sectional is made out of banana leaves (it is currently being stored in the basement because of other reasons):

Would that be too much 'grass type stuff' going on?

DH would love for me to part w/ this coffee table anyways but I still love it. I also have a large old white tool trunk that I could use as a coffee table. Our sectional will be a white slipcovered sectional.

So for you rug pro's out there what do you think? Go for it or hold off?

Comments (6)