SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_in_ia

Monday's Question..............

sandy_in_ia
16 years ago

********color=white>

Q: What was the best thing about your weekend?

****color=white>

****color=white>

Today Is: Quiet day color>

****color=white>

{{gwi:1590446}}

{{gwi:150153}}

{{gwi:1590646}}

Comments (38)

• vannie
    16 years ago

I spent some time next door visiting w/ all 3 of my granddaughters. They are rarely in the same place (home) at one time due to the fact that 2 of them are teenagers w/ their own cars. Just good to see the 3 blondes together!

• wanda_illinois
    16 years ago

I relaxed and had some me time.

• Related Discussions

Q

Comments (23)
    I donated on a regular basis for many years. I have B- and there's really a need for that type. I can't donate any more (for about 5 years now) because it makes me physically ill...I feel faint and queasy. I started feeling poorly after donating when I was around 52. At first I thought it was an isolated incident, but it happened every time I donated.
    ...See More

Q

Comments (8)
    Calvin Coolidge, because he didn't do anything! Actually I have no favorites--they were all politicians, after all. But I agree with the above posts about wishing President Obama well, and I DID vote for him! For the first time in years I have hope for this country.
    ...See More

Q

Comments (25)
    Penicillin and any of the cillin's! I was in the hospital for kidney stones one time and they gave me an antibiotic....knowing I was allergic to cillins. Soon I was reacting, itchy armpits (weird huh?). Called the nurse, she said there wasn't any cillin in this...I told her that it had better be checked out with the pharmacy, as there was something that was causing the reaction. Soon she came back and did admit there was a small amount in there. I told her I knew that (I told her nicely), she just had to find it out! LOL
    ...See More

Q

Comments (26)
    Life skills, including organization of budgeting, hygiene, personal responsibility and accountability, a little bit on addictions (with referral sources) and job search and job maintenance. There are many, many people who need this kind of help.
    ...See More
  • casey_nfld
    16 years ago

The Blue Rodeo concert we went to Friday evening.

• mrsmarv
    16 years ago

I work for our local school district and on Friday our area (lower Hudson Valley) had a very severe snowstorm. The district was closed and support staff didn't have to go in, unlike the past 4 times when we did have to report to work in some horrible weather. So I had a 3-day weekend. Woohoo!

• Linda Wayman
    16 years ago

Anna graduated to a blue belt in her TaeKwonDo class and granddaughter's second birthday party. It was a good weekend.

Linda

• Mystical Manns
    16 years ago

Visiting with my son on Sunday.

• phyllis__mn
    16 years ago

Lots of family home, so I made fried chicken Saturday, which is sort of what they really expect of me now and then!!

• OklaMoni
    16 years ago

slinking down in to the hot tub, after my shower, which was after my 52mile bike ride.

:)

Moni

• nodakgal
    16 years ago

Got up at 5 am Saturday and Dh and I drove to see DD#1 and the boys! He went to a ham fest, I spent the day with my sweeties!
    I hadn't seen them since New Years and that Drew is still just as hard to keep up with!

• sandy_in_ia
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I had a great weekend...starting with EARLY (3:45am!) Friday morning! We brought Kalie and her BF to the airport for their week long trip to Tortola! Then Dean and I had a fun day of shopping around just looking at things. Saturday was a lay low day...oh how I love those once in a while. Sunday was our breakfast out and a good afternoon nap. Ending the weekend, Sunday evening we babysit for a 6 month old...talk about FUN!!! She is such a doll! Just a wonderful weekend!

• FlamingO in AR
    16 years ago

It was a real low-key weekend here, so I browsed a lot of sewing patterns online and planned some new projects. It was fun, too!

• deemarie5500
    16 years ago

DH and I got all our files together for our appointment with the accountant tomorrow night....in the process, we de-cluttered the desk in the office! Also got DH to donate a huge bag of unused t-shirts and baseball caps to Vets.

• wanda_va
    16 years ago

DH and I visited with my parents in Maryland. My mother has dementia and is deteriorating rapidly, so I try to spend as much time with them as possible. So sad....

• lulie___wayne
    16 years ago

Spend relaxing time with family... husband, grandchildren, son, sister, Dad, and nephew.
    Lu

• kim_okla
    16 years ago

I went to Shawnee and visted parents, sister and her family.

• stephanie_in_ga
    16 years ago

Oddly, the best part of my weekend was not exactly a good thing, sort of mixed.

DD, 8 y/o, had a gymnastics meet. This is her first year of competition, and so far she's really had a great time with it. Yesterday she had a meet with some tough competition, and she had some trouble with bars and vault (tripped running to the vault! Poor thing!). So this meet was the first one she left empty handed, no medals for her this time. She was crying, of course, (I barely held back, broke my heart for her) but once she sort of talked it out in the car ride home she was OK.

But it was still the best part of the weekend b/c I know she got more out of this meet than any before where she took home 4-5 medals. The knows now that medals are guaranteed. Losing is part of sports, and part of sportsmanship, and I think she took the lesson very well. The next time she does win a medal it will mean much more to her. I also think she'll have extra compassion for teammates when they have a rough meet. When she was talking it out in the car, citing her mistakes and lamenting the level of competition around her, I asked "Well, what do you want to do about this?" She said with attitude "Go to practice and work harder!"

So I was more proud of her than if she had been first place all around! ;o)

Oh, and her hair looked adorable! That's important. I'd love to show a pic, but I hesitate to post one of her in team leotard, just too much info for public domain for this mom.

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    16 years ago

Saturday was a bummer with headache, but I enjoyed the Hallmark Series all day.

Sunday, Main Man grilled Steaks and I made a super "Greek" salad to go with it. Watched the Oscars, but didn't know half of the people that won.

We called adult kiddos and checked on their weekends. They have a more exciting life. LOL!

Gayle

• stephanie_in_ga
    16 years ago

oops. Where's my editor? I meant DD knows now that medals ARE NOT guaranteed, that was my point before I mis-typed.

• gadgets
    16 years ago

The best thing was NO precipitation and the sun came out enough to melt a little of the snow/ice that was on the ground.

Shirley

• jannie
    16 years ago

Got a lot of relaxation, found my daughter's $80 worth of art supplies, and watched the Oscars. Boring as usual.

• grammahony
    16 years ago

I had Carley and Jayden Friday night - Saturday till around 4:00. Jayden is so naughty sometimes. He knows every thing I've told him NO NO on before. He'll run from one of them to the next, turn and look at me as he starts to touch it. He knows I'm going to tell him no no. Then he'll leave it. Oh and he has started throwing tantrums. He does not want any help eating. At All. I was going to clean out the bottom of his yogurt cup. He started kicking his feet, so I sat it back down on the table. He grabbed it and threw it. Oh boy. I pulled him off that chair and marched him right to his time out chair. He was in that chair a lot in 1 day.
    After they left, it was nice and quiet. But he loves coming here. He always has a huge grin on his face when he comes.
    Leslie

• lydia1959
    16 years ago

Had fun playing cards with friends Saturday night while at a birthday party.

• susan_on
    16 years ago

Babysitting my friend's baby yesterday. I had her for around 6 hours, while her parents went skiing. It was so nice to have a baby in the house.

• ritamay91710
    16 years ago

going to get frozen yogurt in the rain with my hubby!!

• sue_va
    16 years ago

My usual Sunday visit with my DD. She brought me 2 boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mints. Yummy.

We finalized our plans for going on Wednesday to see Cirque du Soleil.

Great Sunday afternoon.

Sue

• des_arc_ya_ya
    16 years ago

Didn't leave the house yesterday - didn't get out of my pajamas!! Good day.

• linda_in_iowa
    16 years ago

Saturday morning I attend the ISU women's basketball game with a group of friends who have season tickets. Even though the Cyclones lost to the Baylor Lady Bears by just a few points we had a great time. It struck us all as funny that the Baylor women are known as Lady Bears and we wondered if the men's team is called the Gentlemen Bears.

• maryanntx
    16 years ago

I guess it would be getting my utility/laundry room clean and lots of deep cleaning in my kitchen.

Something must be terribly wrong with me. First I dream about cleaning my linen closet and then I state that the best thing about my weekend was getting some housework done???? That is just not me! I need help!

• glenda_al
    16 years ago

Weekends are long for me.
    Enjoy weekdays more!

• lindaohnowga
    16 years ago

Talking with my daughter and my grandson, and hearing my greatgrandson jibbering in the background.

• Cherryfizz
    16 years ago

If you count Friday as the weekend I spent the day at my childhood friend Vicki's house in Essex. We laughed a lot, looked at old pictures, had a delicious dinner and then played games with her daughter and boyfriend and Vickie's husband.

Other than that the best thing for me was on Sunday when my arthritis flare up abated. I hobbled around the house on Saturday because my knee and ankle were killing me and I couldn't get my shoe on. LOL I wanted to go out for a walk so badly because it was a beautiful day and I couldn't. My sister called me to do an errand for her and so did an elderly neighbour and I couldn't help them out.

Sunday, the pain went away - a good day!

Anne

• teresava
    16 years ago

Friday morning a neighbor offered to watch DD for 2 hours, so I was able to get a little cleaning and scrapbooking done, all in peace and quiet!

In-laws came Sat night to give DH and I a date night. Haven't had one in a LONG time! Went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and stuffed ourselves! Then saw the movie Vantage Point. It was fun!

• wildchild
    16 years ago

Having DH take care of everything while I stayed in bed with a cold.

• lindyluwho
    16 years ago

The grandkids were here!!! Yeah.

Linda

• Charlee_MO
    16 years ago

Low key here, too. Didn't leave the house 'cept on Saturday we took a ride and brought home some bar-b-que.
    yummy!

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

Found the "right" dress!!! I finally had a chance to shop for a dress and accessories to go to my favorite niece's wedding.

I shopped both days 'til they kicked us out for closing!!!! LOL... That was fun. I haven't done that in years!

• evatx
    16 years ago

The best part was finishing the newsletter! I'm an editor of a city newsletter that we publish every month and have hand delivered to all 300 homes here. We started in 2001!! I tinker with the ads and put the columns together in my Publisher program and do most of the writing. I usually print the last weekend of the month, but one of the organizations is having a fund-raiser dinner Friday, the 29th and wanted to make sure it was publicized, so I got it out early. Whew! I work on next month's newsletter all month. It's lots of fun and I'm not ready to give it up yet.

• nola_in_aus
    16 years ago

I had two relaxing days...nothing to do all day,and all day to do it in. :-)