SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

a new post about adding layers, colors and textures to a room

Susan
15 years ago

i'm ready to get serious about this decorating plan and need some feedback, please.

i've read that you should pick colors and a pattern and add texture, and coordinates as you go, so that's what i'm attempting to do.

so far i have a fabric i like very much, some of which has been made into valances already, though they are not quite right yet. the curtain maker added a row of hot pink fringe to pick up the pink in the fabric, which needs work.

i also have the comforter, which we love.

i'd like to add another fabric behind the gold/cream shimmer sheers, since the wall color is too dark to get the effect i want, and re-painting is out of the question for the moment.

i'll move those valances to the top of the wall as well.

i'd like to add a small silk stripe in greens---maybe to the valance under the pink fringe?

i'll also be skirting that computer table in the corner and the corner on the left will have a floor to ceiling fireplace hearth in cream painted synthetic brick.

where else should i add the accent colors of pink and green to the primary colors of soft gold and cream?

thanks, this is giving me a aheadache----i so don't want to spend my money or effort going in the wrong direction!

at least the valances were an ok start, i hope i'll like them better with a little striped ruffle and tweaking the location.

here are pics of the room now...

master bdrm

i hope i pasted them correctly!! thanks so much--s.

Comments (7)