SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rickdel

Another rec light??? Please recommend a good 3' or 4' rec light

rickdel
14 years ago

This is a GREAT forum!!

Can you guys recommend some recessed lights for me? My room is 19'x14 1/2' and I'm thinking of placing four 5" Halos in the center for general lighting and 3" or 4" recessed lights on both ends of the 19' wall for accent/general lighting. For the 3"/4" lights I want them as small as possible to make them less obtrusive, and I'm thinking of using gimbal trim, which appear to conceal the fixture better then eyeball trim. I originally planned to use low voltage, but the cost is a little out of my range considering I plan to move in a couple years and know my townhouse is already maxed out in value compared to my neighbors, so I'm now thinking of using line voltage 120v MR16's instead. I also want the 5" general lights and the outer 3"/4" accents on different switches and to use dimmers on each.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a good quality housing that's small and uses gimbal trims? Someone on a different forum suggested the Halo H36RTAT. Any advise on this light or anything else is GREATLY appreciated??? Thanks in advance!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm