SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Outdoor back yard flood lights

jane__ny
9 years ago

Live in Florida. Yard has no lighting and is pitch black at night. Want to put in two flood lights fixtures on each corner of the roof.

House is a standard ranch, 1 story. We'd like lights which we can turn on and off manually plus has a motion detector.

Bought two fixtures at HD (Defiant brand) LED lights. We had an electrician install them. They are extremely bright to the point they hurt your eyes if you look anywhere near them (do not like this).

Problem, these lights are motion detector or can be set to go on and off at dusk/dawn or you can adjust the time period. No manual way to turn them on or off.

There is no way to turn them on manually. We are so upset because it just cost us almost $1,000 for the electrician to run the two lines and install. Now I will have to have him back to remove them and I'll return them to HD.

Can anyone please recommend outdoor LED flood lights to light a small but long back yard? I need them to work both manually (on a switch) or motion detector.

My husband and I are retired and get nervous about having such a dark back yard.

Jane

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living