SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rfbcville

what kind of ceiling fan + lights plus layout for small kitchen

rfbcville
12 years ago

We have a 10 x 10 kitchen with side door that we use to enter house. 24" deep cabinets along most of walls. Currently fluorescent fixture with 2 4foot sticks. Fixture covering is broken, can't find replacement. So we can replace with similar, or get a ceiling fan + other ceiling fixtures since it gets hot when we cook, even in cool weather.

Because kitchen is small, I can't figure out a layout if kitchen fan is in the center - where else would more fixtures go? Can't have traditional light kit because ceiling is only 8'. We'd like similar amount of light.

A) does anyone know the lumens or wattage of current set up? we'd like a similar amt of light.

?) Any suggestions for flush mount ceiling fan? I love the Minka Concept II =10" drop but it seems to be remote control only and we have two switches (1 by back door and 1 by pocket door to dining room.

c) other fixtures = ? I'd love a cool pendant light over sink since the cabinets on either side have an open bridge across (just a vertical trim piece) but I will also need more ceiling lights but where? hard to figure out if fan is in center. Maybe one above the back door? which is in the corner. Help!

P.S. I was thinking can lights but after reading here, I think that wouldn't work. We have a small light on microwave above stove, 2 plug in fluorescent fixtures under cabinet which we don't use because they hum and make cabinets warm.

Comments (4)