SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_lu_gw

Bedroom Before and After....as promised!

mary_lu_gw
16 years ago

It has taken me a while, what with the holidays and all, but I finally have the bedroom somewhat finished. Still have to hang some things on the walls and tweak the accessories, but for the most part it is done.

Please excuse the quality of the before pictures as I could not find the picture files on my computer. Had to scan in printouts instead. Prior to redoing the bedroom I had a curtain hung between the two closets with shelving hidden behind. DH built shelves into my closet for me so that I could remove the curtain and place the dresser there instead.

During our travels over the holidays we found the wash set that is in the pictures. I was really excited to find a wash set with that many pieces and also to have purple/lavender poppies on it! The sheers in the room also have poppies! So my DH bought the set for me for Christmas! The wall color is less blue and more lavender/lilac than the pictures are showing.

Before (the only ones I could find) The woodwork was painted a darker beige/brown and the walls were sponge painted beiges,browns and tan over cream.

After

the carpet we finally decided on. Wanted more of a victorian patterned carpet, but short of special ordering it we couldn't find any. I thought the sculpted look was an acceptable "second" to what I wanted and as it was as special order for someone else who ended up refusing it, I got a great deal on it! :-)

taken from the doorway to the left,entering the bedroom and working my way around the room.

I am thinking that I need to hang something along the left side of the bed to balance the yard-long print that is above the bed.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES