SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

I'll share my recipes, if you share yours,Feb. 18

patti43
12 years ago

My background on this site is usually white. This morning it's gold and all the posts are on the right side of the screen. Weird!!

I just hit "Preview" and now it's back to normal.

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CHEESECAKE (The Apple Crate)

CRUST

9 oz. chocolate wafer cookies

6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted

FILLING

1/2 lb. unsweetened chocolate

1 1/2 lb. cream cheese

3 large eggs

1 c. sugar

1/4 c. Amaretto liqueur

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 c. whipping cream

Whirl the chocolate cookies in a blender until they form crumbs. Mix with the melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a buttered 10-inch spring form pan and refrigerate until you're ready to fill and bake.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the top of a double boiler over boiling water, melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and sugar and beat until well incorporated. Stir a small amount of this mixture into the chocolate to loosen. Add the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture and stir well. Stir in the Amaretto, vanilla and cream. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cheesecake is slightly puffed and no longer jiggles in the center. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving for ease of slicing. Remove the sides of pan and cut with a sharp knife.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES