SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fraidycatdesigner_gw

decorating a family hangout that is not in the basement

fraidycatdesigner
13 years ago

We are finishing construction of our new home on 6 acres. The exterior shows the look of a comfortable, low maintenance, traditional home--brick and stone, covered back and front porches. I need help with what I like to call our Rec Room. Most would say Living Room b/c it is in view of our large, open kitchen--but is still a separate room. [We also have a separate living area where the adults will hang when we have company or when our family wants to be more cozy and watch tv together (fireplace, carpet, etc).] As for the Rec Room I do not know how to decorate this "fun" without coming off looking like a child's play room. My kids are 8,11, and 15. This is a room for fun, games, ballgames, hanging out. We are a baseball family and would love to incorporate this somehow. The floors are natural cherry, there are large windows all along side one wall, crown molding in a cinnamon stain, wall color is called crescent by Sh Will, a built in granite desk top in a nook, and a game closet w/ door to hide gaming. I think leather will be purchased in mb a chocolate brown? Any ideas on decorating touches?

Comments (5)