SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_belle

Help me get started picking paint colors - kitchen

karen_belle
14 years ago

Here's my sob story - 10 months ago our house got struck by lightning and the a/c blower in the attic blew up and started a fire. About half the house was damaged by the water the firemen pumped in, half the roof and attic was damaged by the fire, and the other half of the house was covered in soot. So, the entire house was gutted and we are in the middle of remodeling almost every room. It has been a ridiculous year getting through all this, and our GC is moving along - we are ready to put sheetrock up next week.

So I need to determine paint colors pretty quickly.

We've struggled with design plans for the kitchen backsplash and layout (been getting some great help over on the kitchen forum), and the master bath shower enclosure tile pattern, but I think we are really close to finalizing those things. Color palletes are pretty much fixed for the kitchen, master bath and dining room.

Here are the kitchen colors:

plus a white glass tile

cabinets -

Perimeter countertops are Caesarstone 4040: {{!gwi}}

flooring -

Our kitchen is 13'x23', and will have a banquette on one end. Appliances are stainless. There is a window over the sink, and a window in the banquette area. The kitchen is open on one end of the 23' length to the family room, which will have dark gray tiles on the floor, similar in color to the darkest marmoleum pictured above.

We live in Houston and I don't like very warm colors in the kitchen - it's already hot enough around here. I would like to have a white ceiling, white window/door trim and either white walls or gray, with maybe a blue accent wall that works with those blue tiles. I am having a complete block on whether to go warm or cool with the white, and how to pick my blue or gray paint.

Help!

Comments (3)