SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

I'll Share my Recipes if you Share Yours-Fri.Feb.19

Jasdip
14 years ago

Think I'll give you 2 for your buck today. I caught Rachael Ray making 2 chicken dishes yesterday and they looked delicious!

Honey-Rosemary Chicken

2 tablespoons EVOO Â Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided

Salt and black pepper

4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 large shallot, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped

1/2 cup honey

1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard

Juice of 1 lemon

A handful of pine nuts or sliced almonds, toasted (optional)

Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. When oil smokes, add chicken to the pan and cook 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and cover with foil.

Reduce heat under pan to medium and add another tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan. Add shallots, garlic and rosemary to pan and cook 2-3 minutes. Add honey, stir in Dijon and lemon juice. Add chicken back to the pan and coat on all sides with the bubbling glaze. Turn off heat.

Garnish with toasted nuts, if using. Serve with bitter greens salad or wilted spinach and Rice Pilaf.

Slow Cooker Meal: Honey-Lemon Chicken with Potatoes

2 tablespoons EVOO Â Extra Virgin Olive Oil

8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

Salt and ground black pepper

1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes

1 small onion, chopped

2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated

4 to 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked and chopped

2 lemons, thinly sliced

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup chicken stock or water

To finish:

Zest of 1 lemon, cut into strips

1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped

1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted

Balsamic drizzle (recipe follows)

In a skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.

Scatter the potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme and lemon slices in the bowl of a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Lay the browned chicken over the veggies and drizzle with honey. Add stock, cover and cook, undisturbed, for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

Serve each portion topped with a combination of lemon zest, parsley, toasted nuts and balsamic drizzle.

Balsamic Drizzle

Keeps in the frig to use anytime you want it.

1 cup balsamic vinegar

2 tablespoons brown sugar

Yields: 8 servings

Combine vinegar and sugar in a small pot over medium-high heat and bring up to a bubble. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the liquids until they've reduced by about half and are thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.

Comments (8)