SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cburch_gw

2 questions re: Front loading Washer & cabinets

cburch
16 years ago

Hi guys, this is my first time at the Laundry board. I usually lurk at the Kitchen forum and sometimes at appliances.

I have two questions:

DH told me this morning after crunching numbers, I can get a new washer/dryer. We have a Kenmore set now that is in pretty good shape. When we started our mini-kitchen remodel, I didn't plan on replacing them. But if we have extra money, then I guess I should do it.

My washer/dryer are at the end of my galley kitchen, across from my mini-pantry. My kitchen appliances will be stainless, but I'm okay with white for the wash/dry. I'm thinking a front load model is what I want. Only three of us in the family. DH and me and DD. I usually can get a weeks worth of laundry done on the weekends... so we don't generate a ton. (DH does his own laundry - I do mine/DD and towels) I've never bought a wash/dry. Our first place came with one and then this current house we inherited from my grandparents. So, what do I look for? Other than front load and white, I'm not sure what else I need/want.

Another question. Since the shelf over my wash/dry came down for painting, we're putting up a cabinet. The opening is 64 1/2 inch... for those with small cabinets. Did you use just upper kitchen cabinets or have something specially made. Since I'm getting a front load, I guess I could get a cabinet/shelve combo? That would be nice and convient to keep something handy.

Any suggestions on a washer/dryer for me? Also, any pictures of a small laundry area with cabinets would be appreciated!

Comments (3)