SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Bosch Nexxt 800 or Miele 4840 Washing Machine?

peggross1
16 years ago

Help! I researched a new house full of appliances months ago and thought I was done. I did the decision-making on Washer/Dryer and for some reason I can't recall decided against the Miele 4840 and decided to go for the Bosch Nexxt 700 set.

Now I see that Bosch has come out with a Nexxt 800 and doesn't seem to sell the 700 anymore. So, neurotic person that I am, I feel a need to "make sure" I get the best value for price and am about to restart researching Washer & Dryer options again, which I don't really have the time for.

So, in the interest of sanity (my husband's) and efficiency, I would appreciate the opinion of knowledgeable GW guru's very much!

I think I remember that what I liked about the Bosch was that in all wash cycles the washer would keep the water temp. at the proper temp, and not just during a sanitary cycle. I probably also appreciated the lower cost of the Bosch relative to the Miele.

My laundry room will be next to a 1st floor guest room, and fairly near our kitchen, so noise is also a concern (although our GC is supposed to be doing some sound-proofing things in the LR walls.) I plan on having a counter installed over the Washer/Dryer for folding and will not be buying the pedestals.

My choice of dryer is just to buy the matching washer; I don't know that the dryer really matters all that much, except that I require gas.

If anyone else closely compared Bosch and Miele, I would be very interested in your thought process and your ultimate choice, if your machines clean and dry well and are quiet and most of all, are you still happy?! (and your price paid, if you don't mind sharing.)

Thanks in advance for helping me stop over-researching everything!

(Oh, and do you have to use Persil in the Miele? It seems to expensive.)

Comments (28)