SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

pot stickers.. sorta?!?

anoriginal
11 years ago

By NO means an expert on pot stickers. Mine always look a little "ugly" but always taste good. Have made them with a pork mixture and that came out very tasty.

Bought nice wonton wrappers at my local Asian market yesterday, and the "mad scientist" part of my brain kicked and and have started thinking of spin-offs. Made the same way... stuck and then released by a little broth with some kind of dipping sauce. BUT thinking of different stuff to put inside?!?

Have had a few ideas rattling around in my head where the marbles used to be. Thinking corned beef... minced up real fine with either sauerkraut or cole slaw... Russian dressing for dipping?

Maybe pulled pork... BBQ sauce to dip. Maybe a mini meatball (already cooked) with a nice tomatoe sauce for dipping. Shredded grilled chicken... with Buffalo wing sauce. Maybe taco meat... with salsa & melted cheese. Or seasoned potates... with sour cream, sorta like a perogi?? Haven't come up with an all veggie idea... YET.

Thinking any of these potential hair-brained idea would also make some very non-traditional "egg rolls", too. If I'm totally off my rocker... I can deal with that. If I'm still ON that rocker... what would YOU see in a pot sticker??

Comments (7)