SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socalthreems

tools stolen!

socalthreems
16 years ago

UGH. I cannot believe this! I really like my contractors and have tried to show how much I appreciate them at both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now, when the job is about a week from being done, 2 saws get stolen out of the back of one of my contractor's trucks RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE! Usually he doesn't keep anything in his truck while he works here but he'd been called off the job for a day and had to take some of his tools including a table saw and some other sort of saw. I FEEL TERRIBLE! I mean, I know it is not my fault, and while I live in a very nice neighborhood it is still a beach community and you just have to be careful these days. I don't leave my car unlocked even when I'm running in the house for one thing! Anyway, now I feel GUILTY that it happened at my house and feel like I should do something, but what? The tools were really expensive (to replace one will be $500!). I offered to call the police, but he didn't want to. He said it wouldn't be worth it (which is probably true, but you never know...). He was parked on a public street, so I don't think my home owner's insurance would cover it (nor do I really want to open that whole can of worms). And he has the bare minimum insurance on his truck because it is an old beatup thing with 150,000 miles on it.

I think he was actually enjoying working on my job until this. Now every time he brings it up I feel HORRIBLE!!!!

Comments (33)