SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

garden blues....and it is only June

User
9 years ago

Looking around my garden, it all looks a bit......bitty. Suspect that I am spread far too thin and not helping is the business of last week in the woods where our horsebox was robbed, and all our tools were stolen (even our woodburning stove). So, faced with attempting to create gardens at home, on the allotment and in the woods, it seems that something has to give.....but what?
I could not even think about the burglary - this is a huge set-back since we now have no tools to manage the wood.....although it is also the least of my problems because it survived for 50 years in utter neglect so one season will make no difference. Even so, trawling 70miles every weekend is having a dire effect.
The allotment looks rather good apart from a disastrous fruit year (no cherries, redcurrants or plums).....but is hampered by the fact that always in my mind, it is on the edge of extinction - a vague idea to move to the woods is not really getting off the ground, yet I find myself unable to spend any money on any of these projects (not least cos I have none) but also because of the temporary nature of things. Sigh, I am almost wishing it was September when I could get back to peacefully sowing seeds (without the mad daily round of caring for far too many seedlings).
Normally, this ennui hits around July so this year is a record for grief and dissatisfaction and summer has barely got going.
Suspect some wielding of secateurs might be in order but I can think of no cure for a jaundiced eye and mangled spirit - we had to spend every last bit of spare cash on fortress-like reinforcements and are now feeling anxious and insecure. Damn - the sun is shining but I can only manage to slink around the PC, steadfastly ignoring the trays of cuttings which need potting on....and I still have the accusing pots of seed fails taking up far too much space - should I just chuck them, I wonder. Normally, at least one of my projects gives me some joy but this year, none of them are doing anything 'cept making me feel glum.
Apols for whining.....surely I am not alone in my anxieties here?

Comments (9)