SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deutsch100

Tide he Powder revisited

deutsch100
14 years ago

Many of you regulars know that I always say I have a love-hate relationship with Tide he Powder. There are times when I cannot get enough of the soft, powdery-perfumated scent & then there are times when I desire a clean, "laundry soap smell"...like me beloved Persil!

One of the reasons I stopped using Tide he Powder is because after my wash is done, and the drum of my front loader (Miele W4840) is dry...there is a prominent white, soft powder residue. If there is such a powder residue left on the drum after 2 rinse cycles...what's on my clothes???

Since I had Miele re-program my W4840 to Water+ (greatly increased water levels during the wash and double rinse cycles) a few weeks ago, I wanted to try Tide he powder again. So yesterday (10/30) I ran 3 loads with Tide he Powder and a little Purex Fabric softener mixed with white distilled vinegar in the designated FS compartment (about a 50/50 blend). After ALL 3 loads, and the wash drum was dry....there it was!!! The drum was coated in a super fine, white powder residue. Some of the honeycomb water holes in the wash drum were somewhat full of powder residue too. The stainless looked fine, but I think it's awful with the powder that is left behing from all the fillers Tide uses. I ran a Express cycle on Sanitize with nothing but white vinegar...and the drum looks amazing now and totally clean, sparkling new!!!

I'm in a phase where I LOVE the smell of Tide he Powder, but finally made peace that I cannot use it. I dumped the whole box of powder in the trash this morning (the cardboard box was flattened and put in the recycling:)

My Tide he Powder era has finally ended!!! :(

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm