SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

Help with my kitchen lighting plan

joann23456
16 years ago

Here is our current (and, I think, final) kitchen plan. The kitchen is 13'x13' and has 9' ceilings. Our house is a simple sort of Victorian, circa 1918, give or take a year or two. I would really prefer that there be no recessed lights.

There is going to be a small table or island somewhere in the center of the room, though I'm not sure of the exact placement.

I'm figuring on under-cabinet lights under the cabinets on the right side of the photo, halogen lights in the range hood, a pendant over the sink, and maybe a simple chandelier in the center of the room. The windows over the sink are 5' wide and nearly 3' tall, and let in lots of light during the daytime.

Right now, the kitchen is lit by two fluorescent shop fixtures, each of which take two 40 watt bulbs. One fixture is over the cabinet run on the right, one on the left. And that's plenty of light for me. I don't like bright light.

I figured that I could either get a 5-light chandelier that takes 100-watt bulbs, which would, in and of itself, be more light than I have now. If it's not too big, I could even get a nine-light chandelier.

Anyway, what do you all think? I'm just starting to think about all this, and am very open to changing what I've thought of so far. Thanks for any help.

{{!gwi}}

Comment