SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silicontraption

Neptune (MAH4000) is drowning - no spin, soaked clothes - why?

contraption
17 years ago

After reading about 10,000 posts about crummy Neptunes, I feel like I'm now part of the club. Our Neptune (MAH4000) washer has been surprisingly reliable for about 5 years, but is now acting up. I think we have been lucky...until now.

At the end of a normal wash cycle the clothes are still SOAKED, though no water remains in the drum. It appears that they simply never get spun dry. During what is supposed to be the high speed spin cycle, the drum simply sounds like it is cycling back and forth slowly, as it does in other parts of the wash cycle.

This problem is intermittent - it acted up a week ago, then worked fine for about 10+ loads, then back to the same trick today.

Last week I pulled and tested the recirc pump and drain pump, and both seemd to work fine. The belt and main drive motor seem good, and like I said, it does seem to work at least off and on.

Interestingly, it seems that we have only had problems with COLORED clothes - from what my wife and I can remember, it has never failed to spin WHITES. Not sure if that is 100% correct, but maybe that is a clue means something to one of you.

So, the question is: what is wrong? is this a bad control PCB and/or wax motor? or, some other pathology?

Anyone seen this one before? What's the fix?

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Comments (22)