SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kalinka_2007

Has anyone used synthetic sisal?

kalinka_2007
16 years ago

I am looking for a floor covering for my home office. I have been all over the board as to what I want to put in there. Its a little cottage and I found a farm table in the trash and repared for my desk. It is painted RH atmosphere blue and the walls are RH cappucchino. Any rug will go with this but I was looking at sea grass and sisal as they seem to wear well. One of the things i have been seeing in higher traffic areas are that the natural rugs start to look grimy with time. They do not clean up well. To me nothing looks worse than a grimy rug.

I have a dog, she is very clean and not at all destructive but dogs have oil in the coat and which eventually gets on the rug, with a natural fiber rug that will attract dirt and in a year it will be YUCK.

I saw something called the Anywhere collection at ABC carpet and it did not look half bad. You can hose the stuff off if you need to and wash it with soap and water if it gets a spill on it.

I got a striped indoor outdoor rug which is synthetic from

Dash and Albert, the colors look "synthetic" compared to the cotton weave but its for the kitchen and after I had a bad spill i scrubbed it with a brush and soap and it all came off with no damage to the color and i suddenly liked it MUCH more. It still looks brand new and I have abused it.

Would appreciate some feedback if anyone has used the Anywhere collection of synthetic sisal. If not I will let you know how it turns out if i do decide on getting it.

Thanks

Kalinka

Comments (2)