SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumbly22

HELP needed... dye transfer from new pocketbook to fleece jacket!

plumbly22
14 years ago

My 17 YO daughter has a beautiful light pink fleece jacket (new)... and a new suede pocketbook (blue and teal)

Well... the dye from the suede has 'rubbed off' onto the fleece on the shoulder, sleeve and side and bottom where she carries the bag... needless to say she's a tad bit distraught...

Today I soaked the jacket in a mix of dishWASHER powder (cascade), borax, baking soda, charlies powder, charlies all purpose, & charlies liquid laundry... and then washed it with a load of towels in cold water ... fleece remember... no heat... :-(

When this wash was finished it came out infinitely better than it was to start with, but there is still some dye remaining...

Anyone have any other ideas for cleaning the dye out??? I did get abox of Rit dye remover and then called the 800 number (866 actually) to see what they had to say, but they indicated this was basically a bleach like product which would strip ALL color out of fabric... potentially ruining the pink... they recommend this for whites only...

I'm open to any and all ideas... thanks in advance

Comments (6)