SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

Repurposing - what do you think of this?

geokid
11 years ago

As the repurposing thread shows, there are some talented folks on here that know how to reuse items in unique and good ways, and I'd like your opinion.

We have a high window behind our bed. When we first moved here we thought it would be wonderful to leave it uncovered and wake up to natural sunlight in the morning. Hahaha! Besides the fact that I do like to sleep in past 5am on the weekends in the summer, we have a small airport a couple miles away and sometimes the runway lights sweep into our bedroom. It's not very conducive to a restful sleep.

Since we live on the edge of town and our backyard is a farm field, and I love rustic/modern decor, I thought of repurposing old doors as window coverings. My plan is to mount them on barn door tracks so they can slide open and closed.

My brother just finished remodeling his old home and he gave me doors to use. They are very pretty paneled doors with glass knobs.

So, what do you think of the idea? Here is a picture of the space currently. None of the furnishings will stay except the glass lamp and the bedding. And we will be getting a bed with a proper upholstered headboard.
{{!gwi}}

Inspiration. I'd leave the doors unpainted stained wood.

Mock-ups of how it would roughly look. The door on the left goes to the bathroom. The bedroom entrance is on the bottom left off screen.
{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Thoughts? TIA

This post was edited by geokid on Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 11:37

Comments (39)