Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Just curious!

glenda_al
10 years ago

Justin Beiber!

So young, so much money, etc, etc.

And where are his parents?

Is he such a biggie that his parents have no control on this "supposed Super Star"

I hear nothing about parental control! He's so young and to me gone so wild!

Owning his own home, expensive cars????
Hanging out with questionable people????

My opinion ONLY!

Maybe you are Justin Beinber fans.

Comments (26)

• nanny98
    10 years ago

And.... did I see all that 'artwork' on his body.....So much and so young (and beautiful, sadly almost) JMO, too. Makes me sad.

• heather_on
    10 years ago

He was brought up by a teenage drug and alcohol addicted single mom. She has benefitted by writing a book about her story.

Here is a link that might be useful: Justin Bieber's Mom

• Related Discussions

Just curious - what is your oldest, working appliance?

Q

Comments (64)
    There's a clock in a stove in a house that burned in a canyon near us; the burn was 15 years ago at least and the house is gone but the clock still works .... can that have honorary mention? I don't know how old it is though.... We fight with a half propane-half -geez I dunno, kerosene? - that part is gone -- range that predates 1950 every summer. Parents' waffle iron from the 40's still works. I want it but my mother gets very offended when I ask for it. Her grandkids will be too old to enjoy waffles soon.... I have a hand-held beater from the 60's. Love that thing. It's turquoise - what more could you want? It wont work unless you wear an apron. :)
    ...See More

Just curious.... Evergreen x calyptratum

Q

Comments (9)
    Jody, I'm not having the best of luck with calyptratum either. I have two of them, one is just languishing and the other is growing 4 nice strong leaves, both were healthy bulbs from the start, from Komoriya. Both growing in the same type pots and the same soil, go figure! I will admit though that one of them was the yellowish colored one and the other the normal green, both bloomed and now I don't know which is which!! Then I bought a tiny one from Telos and so far, that is still alive.... Donna
    ...See More

Weed ID? Just curious..

Q

Comments (3)
    Yes, thanks! It looks different than the other type we have growing everywhere, been trying not to let them go to seed
    ...See More

Is there an actual name for the style of my house? (Just curious.)

Q

Comments (5)
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Bumping 'cause no one's responded & I'm still curious!
    ...See More
  • Lindsey_CA
    10 years ago

Justin Bieber is 19 years old, so in California, where he lives, he is legally an adult and doesn't need (or, apparently, want) anyone "watching out for" or controlling him.

He seems to be so enamored with himself and his fame and money that he feels he can do whatever he wants. He apparently thinks that his fame and money will protect him from any legal repercussions for the things he does. If the video of someone "egging" his neighbor's house proves that JB was involved in the throwing of the eggs, I hope he finds his hind end in jail.

Thankfully, it appears that many of his fans are now former fans because of the way he has been behaving all over the world - not just in California. I am hoping that his "star" burns completely out, and soon. I hope that his concerts fail to sell out (or sell many tickets at all). I understand his recent movie bombed at the box office.

He is, simply, a jerk, who had so much potential, but wasted it.

• User
    10 years ago

I think he's a punk.

• grandmamary_ga
    10 years ago

I don't care for Justin either. I have teen age grandchildren and I have never heard any of them say that he is a favorite artist of theirs. I think he earned way to much money way to fast. No one to guide him. Where are his managers? Enjoying the money he makes, I'm sure.
    Mary

• ont_gal
    10 years ago

well said,Lindsey

• lisa_fla
    10 years ago

I agree-what a shame. My sister and I went around to several Targets when Christmas stuff was 90% off. Every store was loaded with Bieber xmas gift wrap. No one wanted it-even at 90% off. They were the only rolls left and there were lots at every store. I think he will soon end up in jail or rehab.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

I hope he falls and falls fast. He is just a punk. He grew up 1/2 hour away from me.........in Luckygardner's town. Kids that I know who went to high school with him, said he was arrogant and conceited then.

For the cops not to charge him when there was cocaine/ecstasy plainly in the open isn't right. Why they keep cutting this idiot breaks is beyond me. He should have the book thrown at him then maybe he'll grow up (or not). Unfortunately his concerts still sell out, I would love to see that not happen. I do know that the second movie he made about himself bombed. Yaaay

edited to add that yesterday there was a news clip where the co-host of Kelly Live (Michael something) used to own Bieber's home. He said you just don't throw eggs at your neighbours homes in that neighbourhood. LOL

This post was edited by jasdip on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 9:02

• Georgysmom
    10 years ago

He just needs a lot of growing up. Sometimes people don't grow up until they're in their 30's. Hopefully, he makes it to then. I'm not a fan, but feel sorry for him actually.

• jannie
    10 years ago

Not a fan, and my daughters are too old for him (in their 20's).

• suzieque
    10 years ago

Unfortunately, I think he is quickly becoming the male Lindsay Lohan. What a waste. He would have so much going for him, with talent, looks, and other, but personality and morals are needed to round a person out. I'm afraid that he is throwing away the gifts that he has been given.

I hope that we are wrong and that he pulls out of this and reaches his potential.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Boy am I glad my life isn't on display for all to see and comment on. Poor guy. I hope he gets it together. And I'm really glad it wasn't open for the whole world to comment on when I was 19-27 years old. Good luck kiddo!

• teddybear_2009
    10 years ago

Too much , too soon much growing up needed, hope he has some one to straighten him out and soon!

• Chi
    10 years ago

Do I think he's entitled and receiving far too many breaks? Yes, absolutely.

However, I think it's important to keep some things in mind. First off, he's a teenager, and in the entire history of the world, teenagers have been doing dumb things and making stupid decisions. It happens constantly, in all socioeconomic groups. Other teenagers have done exactly what he has done, but with different outcomes. His fame and money amplify the situation.

He also become rich and famous very, very early. I think he was "discovered" at age 14. Once you start making someone else money, you become a commodity. And once you're a commodity, your well-being is put aside for your ability to continue making money. I believe he had everything handed to him from this very young age in order to keep him happy and keep this commodity producing and generating money. Being able to demand whatever you want, and being able to do whatever you want without consequences is a very dangerous thing to do with someone so young.

That being said, he's certainly old enough to know right from wrong and I'm not saying he's blameless. I don't believe any of that "affluenza" defense crap that has recently been in the media. Being spoiled doesn't excuse bad behavior. He absolutely deserves punishment for his illegal activities.

But it's also really easy to just sit back and call him names without factoring in the damage from being a huge child star. 14 is very young to be exposed to that world and I'm not entirely convinced that it was his choice, especially when he started generating the revenue that he did for everyone associated with him. I personally believe his mother wanted fame more than he did and fought for it (pushing the youtube videos that caused his discovery, writing books, etc) instead of protecting him, watching for his best interests and making sure he grew up to be a well-behaved member of society.

I think he's in for a rude awakening. I believe he's still young enough to turn it around, and I hope he does.

• susanjf_gw
    10 years ago

old enough or not, he is making the same stupid mistakes as Lindsey lohan...I really pity him if the egg incident goes to court, and he has to sit in jail...maybe it might wake him up...somehow i doubt it...

I'm guessing a good chunk of his money goes to mom and dad to leave him alone.what pity they aren't a real family...

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

His mom used to travel on the road with him when he was starting out. Now she has her own big house, and has written a tell-all book.

His dad lives here in Ontario. He has a baby sister who lives here, with her dad presumably. He comes back home at Christmas (and other holidays at times) and sees his kid sister and grandparents and dad.

• susanjf_gw
    10 years ago

then he does have some solid family values someplace? I'm sure that dad and sister are quite content to stay out of the chaos?

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

His mom raised him alone. His sister is actually his half-sister, who he calls his sister in photo ops. His dad lives here and is re-married.

Solid family values.....who knows. Fame has gone completely to his head, not surprisingly.

You know, I've never done drugs (have never even tried a cigarette). I know right from wrong, and did even as a kid. If I won the lottery, I wouldn't turn into a complete jerk overnite. I wouldn't hang out with the wrong people and do drugs, because I could now afford to. What motivates people to be complete and total imbeciles because they're in the public eye?

Just a couple of months ago, a woman not far from here won big in a Lottery. She bought cars, boat, houses, spent tons of money on friends and lost it all. Now she's in low-housing. I just don't get it.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

jas, that's a good question. I think they're motivated to get away from what they can't get away from. I can't imagine the stress of being "hunted" 24/7. So many people want so many things from Justin and it has to wear a soul down. I don't know what I'd do. I don't think I'd turn to drugs, and I am not condoning it, but golly, I see how it could get that way.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    10 years ago

He is a juvenile delinquent, and a punk. He thinks he is above the law and unfortunately the law has not been doing their part in making him understand how wrong he is. He wants to be a "gangster" and hangs out with all his "gangster" friends that are taking full advantage of him. His mother got her money and ran.
    He has gone to foreign countries and painted graffiti on important famous buildings. He is becoming the Ugly American when going to other countries. He peed in some ones mop bucket, he spits on people, who does that kind of stuff? He has been a terrorist to his neighbors who thought they were buying a mansion in a safe neighborhood but who instead now have a low life gangster wannabe ruining their lives and their property.

It's time the law steps in and sets him straight just like they would do to my or your kid if they did the exact same things.
    Plus he is plainly often doing drugs and out in public places. Bust his a**!

There are no excuses for stupid sorry.

• sleeperblues
    10 years ago

Maybe the "ugly NORTH American", because he's a product of Canada. We can't be blamed for this one, folks.

• joyfulguy
    10 years ago

Most of us aren't 19 any more, either.

Years ago a number of the child stars did well, some were somewhat misbehaved ...

... but that was a very different time.

Quite a few of the "celebrities" get away with a lot of stuff.

The elites ... plus many who are festooned with money.

Many of them know how to manage their lives well - many don't.

But they live on a different planet, when it comes to things that they can get away with that most of us can't.

The difference between many others and inexperienced Justin is mainly age ... and transparency.

Someone interviewing a number of children a while ago, when asking them what they wanted to be when they grew up, found one that answered, "a celebrity".

ole joyful

• User
    10 years ago

Ditto to what Raven said....

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    10 years ago

Yes he was born in Canada and lived there as a child. He has been living in the good old USA for many years now and his worst behavior has been more recently. He was not a bad kid when he was young and first discovered, which is the really sad part. He did pretty good until he went on his own and decided to live a gangster lifestyle like his friends.
    Even Usher who is the one that basically made Bieber famous has been distancing himself from him.
    It has to be a real embarrassment to the people who tried so hard to make him successful.
    If you go back and look at you tube videos of him before he was discovered and shortly after it's like night and day. I am sure money, fame, and lots of drugs and alcohol have a heavy hand in the results.
    It is a real shame because he had a great opportunity to make something of himself and be a roll model.

Seems to happen to so many of these young talented people.

• sleeperblues
    10 years ago

I just wanted to clarify that he was Canadian because there is talk of deportation. I highly doubt that will happen, as our criminal justice system seems to give a pass to those with money. I think we have the male version of Lindsay Lohan here.

I'm disappointed to learn that Usher is responsible for this train wreck of a teenager. I really like Usher after watching him on the Voice, and he really must be distancing himself from the biebs because I haven't seen any mention of their association (but I only pay attention to this twerp when his antics are all over the news anyway)

• sjerin
    10 years ago

Don't you think his mother must be quite worried? She seemed like a fairly good mom, but has no control over his over-18 self now. I'm sure words have been exchanged.... Hard not to think of MJ. Letting him off with a slap on the wrist is doing him no favors.