SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gilmoregal

Which Newer TL Machines Allow Me To Select Water Level & Temp??

gilmoregal
14 years ago

I am in the market for a new washer and gas dryer and have been searching this forum to learn more about my options. I know that I definitely want a TL machine, preferably with large capacity, but I also want to be able to control the water level and temperature myself rather than let the machine 'decide'. I had somewhat narrowed my choices down to a Speed Queen, GE Harmony, Maytag Bravos, or Fisher Paykel. I don't mind the 'no frills' of the Speed Queen, but I was hoping to find something with larger capacity. Went to the local mom and pop appliance store today to see the Fisher Paykel machines, but they no longer carry that brand. They did show me the Maytag Bravos, which I liked, but they said that there is no way to override the machine to select my own fill level. I don't know if that is also the case with the GE Harmony - I plan to go look at the store that carries those tomorrow.

I don't have a strong preference about an agitator or about a built-in heater. But I am enough of a 'control freak' to feel strongly about choosing my own water level and temp :) Can anyone tell me which TL machines will still allow me to do that?

Thanks for any help.

Comments (8)