SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
i_dig_it

Getting out the built up detergent

i_dig_it
15 years ago

After reading some posts here about how liquid he detergent builds up, doesn't rinse thoroughly, etc. I thought that may be the reason my towels never seem soft.

I read that some of you have washed your towels without adding any detergent and still got lots of suds out of them.

I couldn't imagine washing towels without any detergent, so I used some of my new powdered Sears Advanced Formula for He machines, BUT only used a tablespoon.

Then I sat and waited for my washer to go through it's cycles. My Neptune doesn't have a window, so I had to wait and watch the rinses and see what would come out.

After the first complete wash and rinse was done there was still LOTS of suds, so I ran another cycle without any detergent at all and there was still suds after that one too! So I ran it one more time, I couldn't believe what I was doing, but after the third wash there was a far less amount of soap visable in the rinse water, so I left it at that for today.

Now I am a believer that there is a HUGE amount of build up on my clothes, towels, sheets etc. and am on a mission to reduce this. I know I have probably been using WAY too much of the liquid detergent and it was not rinsing completely.

I will be using the Sears and only a very small amount, I even have very hard water here, but I hope in time this will help all of my laundry loose the build up and start to look and feel cleaner that before. I can't spend every day sitting by my washer watching to see if it rinsing thoroughly, but I hope by using a very small amount of the new powdered detergent I will be able to start seeing or feeling a difference in the clothing.

Those of you that have done this, how long did it take before you began to notice a difference and the build up was being removed?

I never would have believed this if I didn't see it myself!

Janet

Comments (9)