SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janetta_d

Who Belongs to This Kitchen?

15 years ago

Hi...

Does anyone know whose kitchen this is? Really, I just want to know the name of the paint.

I'm in neutral basement paint HELL!

I want a soft golden tan, lighter and slightly less gold than EK Cognac, which is the main color of my upstairs. I have an open atrium type stairway, and the basement is visible from upstairs, so I want some flow.

There are fluorescent lights down there, which make all the paint colors look hideous. I found that the bulbs were cool white, so I changed them to warm white (8 foot long bulbs, yikes!) and if anything, the problem is worse. All the nice colors that are favorites here look horrible. I've swatched BM's Shaker Beige, Manchester Tan, Lady Finger, Yosemite Sand, Putnam Ivory, Blond Wood, Rich Cream, and maybe some others. The tans look like gray/green mud and the yellows are too in-your-face yellow. I wanted to take a break from YELLOW since the whole guest room suite down there is EK Mustard Seed. Thought a nice golden tan would do it. The new floors are hand scraped elm. I would call the color a dark reddish brown. Very pretty. Then there's EK's Amy's Sarasota Sand, which looks like muddy olive; and the only one that has a shot at working is AT Soft Camel. But, it's still a little too yellowy for me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have a nice slightly golden tan under fluorescents?

Thanks!

J.

P.S. I like how this color looks more in the first pic than in the second.

Comments (13)