SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Best ever breakfast birthday cake?

elba1
10 years ago

Hi folks, I attend a women's fellowship group on Saturday mornings. Next Sat. is only a couple days away from the organizer's birthday. She is a wonderful woman, and I would like to do something nice for her. We stopped having sign ups for food in the summer, as attendance is lower with vacations, etc. (averaging maybe 6 or 7 women) & we are keeping it very simple. I would like to celebrate her birthday by surprising her with cake & fruit. Since it is at 8:30am, I think that is too early for a traditional birthday cake. I thought of angel food cake with fruit, but then thought that might be a little boring. Also thought of some kind of pound cake, bundt cake, or coffee cake - just not sure what I should go with. I want it to be REALLY good (I'm not very experienced using yeast outside the bread machine, so don't want to experiment with anything like that which might not come out the way I hope). Any suggestions for the best ever breakfast birthday cake? Thanks so much. p.s. Nothing with nuts or nut extract as my son is allergic so I don't bake with nut products in the house.

Comments (19)