SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniee818

Different flooring options- opinions - dreaming!

bonniee818
15 years ago

Hi Everyone.......Seems like everyone had alittle flooring issue during the holidays...LOL! Me, I stuck a knife in an apple after along long day....I always cut my apple into smaller pieces because of expensive dental work & not bite into it. Well, the knife fell out as I was crossing the kitchen floor & stuck, small little hole that DH filled with the laminate wood filler & made it look brand new again. So this started a discussion about flooring again...LOL! We love the laminate but it is noisy in our 22 ft room with the balcony. Open floor plan in our 4 & a half yr. old home. We live on a lake area. In the winter it is very cold down here & carpet would be warm in the great room & maybe deaden the noise and we could layer the oriental rug over it. We have laminate wood that is beautiful all thru the house - it is Uniclick Quick Step Select cherry & hard for people to tell it is laminate. We could do carpet in some rooms & real hardwood in others but after the discussion on the other thread about dents in the hardwood from heels, I 'm not real sure that would work with our lifestyle either. Right now we can't do anything anyway since we just landscaped the front yard but planning & dreaming for maybe down the road. How many of you still have some carpet in your home & do you have allergies or sinus trouble from it? Are your hardwoods soft or very hard? The laminate is beautiful but noisy. I have rugs down in the DR, LR, & greatroom....two smaller rugs in the kitchen and smaller ones in the bedroom. DH has a big rug in his office/guestroom upstairs. Still noisy to some degree....2800 sf, story & a half house with open balcony area & two bedrooms upstairs. Any others have these minor problems with flooring.....Bonnie :) TIA!

Comments (11)