SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

How to pick fabric for Reupholstering Items?

Boopadaboo
11 years ago

I have a mental block against this. This is the year I am going to do it! I think I might actually get slip covers made instead, but I wonder what your thoughts are?

I need to get two of these chairs redone:

{{!gwi}}

I think the chairs are worth redoing - they have lasted years, are in good shape, and are a good size which I think is hard to find these days.

and this couch in my kitchen eat in area - the spot everyone loves to sit in...

{{!gwi}}

I love the look of these:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

the one on the left...

{{!gwi}}

So how do I pick fabric?

My downstairs is primarily orange, blue and green. I do plan on repainting at some point a cream color, but my accent colors woudl still be orange, blue and green. I am having a hard time finding the orange I guess.

I do like the idea of lighter color fabrics, but I dont think they are realistic in my house. I think they would be stained in no time.

I have this fabric already...

{{!gwi}}

Could that plaid work with this (1)?

{{!gwi}}

or this (2)?

{{!gwi}}

or this (3)

{{!gwi}}

or this (4)

{{!gwi}}

Or should I scrap the plaid and go for something like this to start... I love mohair, but not sure it is practical.

{{!gwi}}

and what would go with it?

something like this?

{{!gwi}}

I think that might be too light, and maybe the way to pull off having multiple fabrics on a chair would be to have them be the same depth of color. I just don't know. Does the upholsterer help you find fabric and make things work?

I don't know why I have such a hard time making a decision on something like this!

Comments (29)

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

The fabrics have to have similar weight to work together.

I don't think any of the combinations work that well together although I like the plaid, the Bosphorus, and the mohair individually. The novelty fabric has an extremely short shelf life and I would never upholster with something like that unless I had the money to reupholster in a couple of years.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Palimpsest. You are always so helpful. that seems like a really obvious thing now that you say it, but I did not think of it. I am a formula driven person though so I have more questions :)

I dont love these fabrics, but was browsing to try to see if I can get the hang of it.

This one is 14oz

{{!gwi}}

This one is 9.8 oz

{{!gwi}}

This one is 12oz

{{!gwi}}

Is that close enough in weight to work together or do they need to be closer?

How can you figure out the weight of a fabric if you don't know? I am guessing you would say that you need to feel it. I tend to order things on line, but I guess I might have to actually go to a store! I do like the plaid fabric I have, and obviously it would be less expensive to use what I already have.

Maybe I should have called this thread fabrics 101.

• Related Discussions

Fabric picking shouldnt be this hard!

Q

Comments (22)
    Not seeing quite that one on a quick google -- trying 'Victorian plant stand' or 'fern stand' with 'wood' included. Might try including vintage in there too. Have seen similar ones in wicker, I think. This particular one goes about a year back and I remember it being from Horchow's online. Whether it was a prop or room item I can't recall. Doesn't seem to be there now though! lol. So, Susan Sargeant -- she's usually quite bold and patterned :) I'm wondering if you want something bright, cheerful, and 'dancing or lyrical' (like your yellow walls, painting, and the reds) rather than the more subdued and sophisticated direction that the sofa/pillows and charcoal/blue-gray are going? What kind of music do you usually prefer and like to play? Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Stands
    ...See More

Help me pick drape fabric (pics)

Q

Comments (23)
    Hi all, Thanks for continuing to play with me. I'm taking some of your advice and posting a photo board without the rug. I'm really not a brave person when it comes to decorating and the "black" dining room is really out of character for me. My home is very boring in other aspects, hence my desire to have the same drapes in both the dining room and the study across the hall, which limits things some as the dining room is black and the study will be a blue/green/gray. Both rooms currently have that same brown/cream/gold rug also. When I first started on this decorating journey is was with the intention of ivory drapes. But while at the store looking for a sample I came across these blue/gray ones which I really liked with the wall color but not the chair and rug. (You can see both the ivory and the blue in the photo below.) Then I started looking for rugs and found the one pictured here, however I decided as much as I like the color of the bluish drapes I didn't like the pattern that competed with the chair pattern. Sooooo, when I found the stripe I thought, EXACTLY and I still really like it. I'm going to try to get back to the fabric store and buy 1 yard just to live with for a few days. Otherwise, I think I may just have to go with the ivory or an ivory stripe like cami's above so that it will work in both rooms. I'll keep looking at fabric in my spare time though. Hopefully something else will catch my attention AND be in my price range....
    ...See More

Help me pick fabrics for kitchen!

Q

Comments (45)
    I am so glad you posted the second fabric choices and the board of all your planned kitchen design looks perfect. I thought the flame stick and the geometric were just to contemporary with the toile and while I liked the cheetah print, it is a bit much for a large item. I think it would look nice on the back of a chair, or maybe as a lumbar pillow. Love the #4 stripe. My only other input is to match fabric texture. If one is a linen flat fabric, then I usually do not like a shiny satiny fabric, to coordinate with it but will look for one that is more matte. Don't forget a nice rug in the room. I love traditional wool oriental type patterned rugs. Pottery barn is having a big sale and they have several in that gray/blue color.
    ...See More

Quirky LR/DR: Pick fabric and trim color for ottomans

Q

Comments (5)
    Welcome back deltabreeze, I remember your room. It is really coming together. I love your red lamps. I think the carpet tiles would look great in your room. I like a chair on either side of your fireplace. I agree with les about the round ottoman being used by the fireplace and the colors in the fabric she picked out are perfect - yellow and red. Not sure I would put an ottoman in front of the sofa, it will crowd the room. If you feel you must have something, I think it should be something the gives the room an open feeling - small oval table with thin legs? I just got an oval table for my family room and I was so surprised at how much smaller it appears in the room and how much larger the room feels. It is also easier to get up from the sofa without something square being there. Previously we had a wicker trunk for a coffee table and it seemed very bulky there. Photo below so you can see what I mean (I'll be posting this room for a critique soon). I am still hoping for a little pop of red color on your dining room table. Please keep us posted. I love your decor.
    ...See More
  • camlan
    11 years ago

I love the look of furniture with different fabrics. Never been brave enough to buy a piece, though.

I think you need to follow the rules of mixing fabric patterns in a room--have one larger pattern, one pattern that is half the size/scale of the first. The two patterns should be different--one floral, one geometric, for example. And they should share some colors between them.

In your first inspiration picture, there's a large floral, a small check and a large-ish stripe. In the second picture, there's a large spaced pattern on a neutral ground, a stripe, another, very different, stripe with some other bits (circles?) mixed in, and what looks like a large plaid.

If I were doing this, I'd go to a fabric store and pick out fabrics by the same manufacturer, probably from the same design line--fabrics that were designed to go together in the same room. That way, I'd know that they would go together on my chair.

The problem with the pictures of the fabrics you have posted is that I can't get an idea of the scale of the various patterns. It's difficult to see if they would work together. The colors might go, but the scale of the patterns might not work together.

An upholsterer will have books full of fabric swatches for you to look at, and often the fabrics are in "collections," groups of fabrics designed to work together. You could bring your plaid fabric to the shop and work with the upholsterer to find fabrics that match in weight, and then chose a couple to work with it. But you'll probably need the eye for color and scale--I'm not sure a lot of upholsterers have done mis-matched fabrics on the same piece of furniture. And you'll probably need to determine where each fabric will go on each piece of furniture.

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Boopadaboo, may I please suggest, if you have not already lived with the multi-fabric upholstery, go for a fitted slipcover.

I'm just a lurker, so you have no idea what my design preferences are, but I am also a retired upholsterer and slipcover maker.

I have done numerous multi-fabric upholstery jobs, only to find them coming back to be done in a single fabric. People found them difficult to decorate around them. Slipcovers, while still expensive, aren't as permanent.

I like that chair. I would suggest a medium tone-on-tone sort of fabric, lose the skirt or make it a plain one. If the legs aren't attractive, they are easy to change. A good sturdy neutral or solid color (but liked by you) fabric will give you a 10-20 year upholstery job.

Bring in the multi-fabric look with throw pillows.

I do like most of your fabrics singly, and in some combinations, and they would make fun slipcovers. But I don't think any of them have long term potential as upholstery.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

I would do the reupholstery in one fabric only then get crazy with a throw or pillows, which are easy to change.
    That multi fabric look seems less than current to me.
    ( I tried not to use that word y'all hate!)

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well you all have certainly given me a lot to think about.

Camlan - I hadn't thought of applying that rule. I think that is helpful to think about. I am not so sure I want to go totally matchy matchy. I think that is the look that Bumblebeez is saying is outdated (There I said the word! :) )

I am not really a pillow person. They seem to get in the way and I have so many toddler things around that even the throws we have and use seem in the way sometimes. SOmeday I plan to get pillows :)

I think I am evolving my style if that makes sense. I like the deeper paint colors in my house but they don't seem to be working with the woodwork and the lighting and the style of the house. SO I am looking towards painting the walls cream.

I do love the layered fabric look and have for years, I just haven't been able to figure out how to pull it off. I also like when I can move things around the house.

Downstairs is green, orange blue. Upstairs green, red, blue. So I am now thinking that I should pick maybe a navy velvet for part of the chair and them some blues and greens in a fabric for the cushion or other parts of the chair.

I like the slouch look, not the tightly tailored look. Kind of like this....

{{!gwi}}

I do agree Mary that I should probably do away with the fussy skirt. You are also a sweetheart for coming out of lurkdom to try to save me from a mistake!I appreciate it very much. I think I need to meet with someone locally too and get some feedback.

Maybe seeing in context what I am thinking of helps. My woodwork will remain dark, but the walls will be light like this.....

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I am going to look for some fabrics I think might work with the navy velvet and I will post.

If anyone is still following along you can let me know what you think. :)

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK I fell in love with a ridiculously priced linen velvet. I have no idea how something like that would hold up...

{{!gwi}}

Which I think I might like with either faded denim....

{{!gwi}}

This fabric....

{{!gwi}}

Or this paisley...

{{!gwi}}

Or possible this paisley - which is says is on heavy weight fabric...

{{!gwi}}

• bethohio3
    11 years ago

I ordered as swatch of that last fabric (Richloom Giverny Cameleon Fabric)--it is of a heavy weight, but the colors are nowhere near as bright as they look in the on-line image.

I look at this image and I *love* it. But I didn't like the sample at all.

Also, the pattern is much larger than you'd think it is from the on-line image. The repeat is 27" vertical and horizontal.

Be sure to order a swatch of anything you see on line that you like. I thought this fabric was going to be my office drapes or pillows--until I got a sample of it. That $1 saved me a ton of money.

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

what room are you working on? i'm guessing it's a nursery, but not sure. do you have a layout? i would gather some tear sheets and really study what you like, and how it will work (or won't) with what you have.

• Fori
    11 years ago

I'm hopeless with patterns and colors, but may I suggest using cleanable fabrics on the kitchen couch? I used some inexpensive Crypton brand (I think?) fabric for kitchen chairs that looks and feels normal but passes the ketchup test. It's been useful.

Or at least slipcover it so it can be easily washed. The nice thing about a custom slipcover is that when you're tired of it, you can use it as a pattern for its replacement.

• trancegemini_wa
    11 years ago

I think upholstering in different fabrics like this is a bad idea, because a good upholstery job should last for years and I think it's likely you'll get tired of all that pattern and color, and it won't be easy to change up the look of the room. I really think you should get slipcovers made instead, by the time they wear out you'll probably be ready for a change anyway. I do like the funky chairs you posted but I just don't think they're practical unless like someone said, you have the dollars to redo them in a few years. Many of your fabrics should work even if they aren't upholstery thickness, and if you sew you could do this yourself, there are lots of utube videos on making slipcovers.

• lynxe
    11 years ago

Random observations and questions:

Unless I've missed something, you haven't shown the rest of the rooms in which the chair and sofa are to go, right? It's hard to envision what fabrics would look good without seeing them.

Also, while you say you don't care for pillows, many of the pictures you've posted show either slipcovers, which people here have suggested for you, or just fabric thrown over the actual piece and/or with colorful pillows. Ironically, in fact, almost every picture shows furniture with pillows.

A warning light went off when you said your style is evolving! In that case, do you really want your furniture to be so, um, colorfully distinctive, and at a high cost? I like the idea of various fabrics on a single piece, don't get me wrong. The thing is, is it right for you at this time? Can you get the effect in some other, more temporary way, and at lower cost, e.g. pillows?

Also, two chairs done that way: a bit much? Even though the sofa is the larger piece, if it's to remain in the kitchen always, maybe if you're determined to go this route, it's the piece to do in multi-fabrics. My thinking: most people don't change out countertops, cabinets, and kithcen flooring very often, so if you could get the sofa to work really well with the rest of the kitchen, you could (would have to) consider it another essentially permanent feature.

The blue velvet combined with blue denim: frankly, I don't see the point. They're so similar you might as well use one fabric. How it would hold up: for what its worth, we have a love seat in velvet, I assume it's cotton velvet. It was last upholstered in the 1930s but was used lightly by the PO, who sold us the piece. It has not been used lightly by us, and it's got tears and wears - but over about 15 or more years. To protect it further, I simply threw a checked LL Bean blanket over the seat. One of the check colors works with the love seat and rest of the room. (Hence, akin to the kind of look you want - at the cost of a blanket!)

I just realized that we do in fact have one piece of furniture done with multiple fabrics. It's a small armless chair, probably Victorian, and, while I have no idea whether the fabrics are original, they give the look: The back is a tobacco-colored velvet and seat is a dark maroon needlepoint with a flower design on it. I love this chair; however, unlike in your case, nobody sits on it (other than a puppet), it's off by itself, and it cost me about $75 in an antique shop.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How rude. I dont' know why I didnt see all these posts!

Thanks Beth - I will indeed order a sample. I think this is a large repeat (I am so clueless and I do like it a lot!)

I am also thinking the green/blue combo might be a better combo to move around the house...

{{!gwi}}

I have two chairs. For now one is in a playroom and one is in our family room.

This is what our family room looks like (a bit outdated):

We actually have a rug in there that is more orange now. I have to get an updated picture.

This is the playroom as of a few days ago...

Over the weekend DH put up some birch IKEA shelves and we did a few other things. Still working on it.

fori - I think you are right about the kitchen couch. something like a sunbrella ffabric or something. I think Richloom actually makes some fabric like that and I seem to be drawn to their patterns. That sofa is a bit modern looking and for some reason that is throwing me off with patterns i think.

lynx - I am totally fine with having slipcovers made. I think I need new cushions, but I am sure they could do that too. the fabric that is on there now is some kind of scratchy wool I think. I just wonder how the slipcover would work over that.

I do actually like pillows, I just think the kids would destroy them and trip over them. I have been thinking I will get a couple for the family room though.

I have been trying various things thrown over the couch in the kitchen and they have all been kind of annoying since it is used to much. a quilt - it was too big, a patchwork quilt topper - ripped, and now I have a throw there. it is not quite big enough to cover the arms and the arms are ripped from the cats :( ) So I really think it is time for a slipcover!

I am not sure what I am doing about curtains in the playroom now. I was going to take them out, but in the afternoon the sun is really bright in this room and the sheers are not enough. My older son complains it is in his eyes.

• luckygal
    11 years ago

These comments are just what I'm seeing from reading your posts.

~You are young and your style is naturally evolving, therefor it's probably wiser and more cost effective to keep large ticket items more neutral. What you like today may not cut it tomorrow or next week, never mind in 10 years. Looking at your current color scheme navy seems an excellent choice, at least if you like the scheme well enough now.

~You have young children and cats so your choices for upholstery fabric with longevity are limited. It's heart-breaking to have your favorite cat decimate your newly upholstered sofa which I know from experience. He was my all-time favorite cat and worth so much more than the cost that I just had to put it out of mind but that sofa had a throw on it until I sold it prematurely for $50. It was a very good sofa, still in excellent condition except for the scratching post effect on the arms.

The best fabric for cats, and the only one I'll use as long as I have cats, are good quality microfiber.

I suggest you study your inspiration pics to really find what it is you like about them. It may be something other than the upholstery style and you may be able to introduce that through window treatments, art, rugs, furniture styles, or accessories. Also covering a small ottoman or floor cushions for the kids in that style might be enough. The floor cushion covers could be removable and easily changed.

I've always liked this style of upholstery but have realized it's the Bohemian style I like which is obtainable in other ways. Painting a small piece of wooden furniture in MacKenzie-Childs style could also introduce pattern and color.

• Fori
    11 years ago

I have kids and I have pillows. The pillows suffer a bit but they are loved. Adults trip on them but kids are immune. Go ahead and get pillows if you like them, but try to find ones with washable covers. :)

I love your wall colors and most of your fabric selections, but I can't go as far as to say upholster in mixed fabrics. I guess I'm a coward. Hehe!

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luckygal is my new best friend. ;) I don't think of myself as young. :) Around these parts I am known as "maternally mature" Can you imagine. that is really what they call it when you are an older mamma. I am in my 40's.

You are right on with the fabric choices and I need to keep that in mind. I am thinking denim for part of it might not get attacked by the cats, but maybe I am nuts. I think I have microfiber somewhere and they do scratch it. I think slip covers, especially the slouchy kind - they wont scratch, but maybe I am living in a bubble . :)

I have had the butterfly curtains for about 8-9 years and in two houses and I absolutely love them. I really like the layered fabric look. I think the part that is evolving is the not so formal layered look, like this.....

{{!gwi}}

I love that brown floral fabric by the way!

to a more casual look now that I have kids. My last house was very formal and I don't want that. I want it to feel lived in, and colorful and happy, and and free spirited, a place for the kids to be kids, and creative. More like this...

{{!gwi}}

or maybe even this...

{{!gwi}}

Thanks Fori - I am going to look for a few and for sure the washable kind. Many do seem to be dry clean only. I am hoping to get to a local upholstery shop in the next week or so. It will be interesting to see what they think of my patterns :) I will probably print this thread.

• luckygal
    11 years ago

LOL boopadaboo, I'm 71 so 40-something IS young! Forty years ago when I had toddlers I was also an 'older' mother.

My style has changed little over the years but the 'look' has changed enormously. There can be so many different 'looks' within a defined style. Mine has become funkier and more fun and I plan for it to continue that way. So yours will change too as new ideas and products come on the market.

I can see a navy velvet sofa with a pieced Victorian crazy quilt thrown over it. Gives almost the same vibe as a multi-fabric upholstered sofa but has more possibilities for looks.

You center pic shows some things that can be done with media other than fabric. The chair on the right is probably painted but perhaps has glued-on fabric. I can't decorative paint worth a hoot but I can glue fabric onto wood. I have an ongoing project which was inspired by MacKenzie-Childs that I will eventually finish. It's a headboard bench with a combination of decoupaged fabric, various fabric embellishments and paint. It's not difficult, I just need to move it further up on the TO-DO list. I see by the date on the pic this was taken 4 years ago - I better get moving on it! Still needs more embellishing and a covered cushion. I want to add more of the teal, rust, and sage tones from the fabric via paint to brighten is up. Also plan to add gold via trims and paint.

• mnzinnia
    11 years ago

Well, here's my take for what it's worth
    . A chair covered in the fab paisley (blue/green or multi) fabric would be a fun and bright punctuation to any room and with the variety of colors wouldn't tie you to just one color scheme over the years. And, as the mother of three boys(grown,) I can tell you that fabrics like that hide a lot of well... stuff!

You are clearly craving some bright and quirky accents so go for it! You won't need to do more than one vibrant piece (in one fabric) then add other color and pattern through art, pillows, rug, etc to get the feel you want but without a huge investment or long term commitment.

Please show us what you end out doing.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I like that bench luckygal. you have to share pics when you get finished. :)

Thanks mnzinnia I think you are right. :) I am going to order a sample of the fabrics. A step closer!

I think this is what I am struggling with..... For a few years I really wanted to go with multiple patterns and I think this sort of captured what I was thinking.

{{!gwi}}

or even....

{{!gwi}}

But I never really pulled the trigger. I think it is just too... I don't know, put together if that makes sense. For me anyway. the bohemian style seems or feels more like me then the two pictures I just posted. So I feel better getting going.

I have no idea if that makes any sense :)

• equest17
    11 years ago

Since it seems like you are really drawn to the mixed fabric look, you might consider having the frame upholstered in a small pattern or neutral background and the seat cushions covered in a complementary fabric and using that same accent fabric as the cording on the rest of the chair. That would tie it all together, and even give you the option of having the seat cushion redone down the road if you don't like the mixed look or the cushion cover wears out.

I've done a bit of upholstery and it's very common to make the single or double cording in an accent color, so you would just be taking it a step farther with the cushion. Plus, it gives the broken-in look as if the original upholstery wore out and just the seat covers were replaced. I like the navy blue velvet with the paisley for this idea!

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have been thinking that too equest. I can't decide if it will give me my color "fix" though :) I am about to order a couple of samples. I will post them when I get them.

I think this might be perfect for the sofa in my kitchen!

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I do like the bird fabric, but I dont think it will work. :( I think the pattern is too large, and I think I should probably not use another fabric that has the dark blue background.

I am not good at scale I think. Not sure if I should start another thread, but I will post pictures tonight of the two samples I got. I don't think I like either of them!

The fabric will have to go with this rug... (excuse the mess, now you see why I turned my DR into a playroom :) )

and these drapes (it is the blue fabric. for some reason this is the best close up i have on line)

So any of these look good to anyone????
    1 {{!gwi}}
    2 {{!gwi}}

4 {{!gwi}}

I kind of like these too, but it is getting matchy matchy.
    5 {{!gwi}}
    6 {{!gwi}}

I did order samples of a blue velvet and a denim. I like the idea of using some of that for the slip cover with the fabric.

Maybe even together. Someone had said why would you put the denim and velvet on the same chair? They are close in color. At first I thought that made sense, but isnt that kind of how you bring texture in to a room? I am so bad at this!!!!!!

:)

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

Ipad tsuris this week. Why are my posts being lost??? I'll try to recreate the one that should have appeared here.
    1) A cautionary note: Be sure that whatever fabrics you choose are actually appropriate for upholstery. I have seen many people order fabric online because it looks like what they have in mind, but it is "home decor" fabric that is really more appropriate for curtains or non-used pillows than it is for furniture on which people actually sit and adorable kids (yours!) actually play. Maybe some of our fabric experts can weigh in on rubs and weights, etc.
    2) I'm going to attach a link to a Zimmerman-Key City chair as a suggestion for how to integrate a bunch of patterns, not as a suggestion of what to purchase. Note that there are five different patterns on the chair in various places and strips of each of the five are used in the skirt, which ties it all together. (I have a couple of his pieces, although not this one.)

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Hudson Chair

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

I love the bird fabric with the navy background! With kids it's always better to go with a darker fabric also.

Have you thought of canvas, at least for the cushions? I *love* the bright colors!

Here is a link that might be useful: fabric

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am so glad you posted that kitchendetective! I have been trying to remember the name of that company. I think they used to make the furniture for Domain, a local company that went out of business.

Those are some pretty fabrics patty cakes.

I do like the bird fabric very much. For some reason not so much on the chairs though. I like it on the sofa in the kitchen which needs a slipcover too, but I think the scale might be wrong. What do you think?

Sofa as a reminder....

and a couple pics with the drape. Excuse the poser that wanted in on the action....

For the chairs, I think I really like this fabric...

one chair will be right where it is in this picture, one will be in the room with the orange rug and butterfly curtains. At least for now. I want to be able to move these around the house.

this is with the butterfly fabric...

and with some denim...

I think once I pick the main fabric it will be easier to pick matching fabric. I have been trying to do it all at once and it has been confusing.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

I would do a solid or a mix of solids with trim. Then use a pillow to bring a little more pattern in that you love. The patterns need to broken up a bit, imo. A stripe or geometric can do that, as can a change in scale, but I think solids with piping (even a print piping) would look good and rest the eye some, setting off some of your other prints. It could still be colorful! I love the bohemian eclectic style, btw.

Are the curtains and rug staying in the last picture? (I can't find a reference to them here.)

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Something very large scale could break the patterns up some. Cute with your butterfly fabric. You could even paint something like this yourself onto a cotton base.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 16:50

• Vertise
    11 years ago

This is the closest I can find to showing a solid upholstery mix with patterned pillows. You could include some of your fabric finds that are hard to part with in blocked pillows like they've done here.

{{!gwi}}

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Snookums I lovethatfirst fabric! I think it has too much light color in it for me though. Well not really for me, but for the four boys and DH :)

I really want a pattern because I love them, and it will hide spills better.

I have narrowed down the choices and I started a new thread.