SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

quality of different brands of faux wood blinds?

flseadog
14 years ago

It's been 6 months of dithering for me on deciding on window treatments for our new build. Originally I wanted plantation shutters but luckily I found out from this site that my tilt windows will not be able to tilt if I do the shutters. My default position now is to use white faux wood blinds on all of the windows as well as on the french doors to the porch. I've been looking at the Kirsch blinds at Penney's and it seems that they are well made but I have no real basis for judging one brand over another. Since I have no intention of ever again changing this basic window treatment (although I may add decorative rods and panels in the future) I don't want to make the mistake of skimping on quality just to save a little money right now. Everyone I've talked to says that Hunter Douglas is the absolute best with a price to match so that brand will probably be out of the question on my budget as we have 30 windows and doors. Do you think Kirsch will be a brand that will hold up well? Is there another that you would recommend?

Also, do you know of any brand that has a white that matches well with Anderson window white? All of our interior trim was custom matched by our painter to the Anderson white of the windows so I'd love to be able to get blinds that will be close to that color.

Just thought of another question---some of our windows are triple wide (fixed panel in the middle, casements on each side). I have read that it's a good idea to hang all 3 blinds on one rail so the slats will line up rather than hanging each blind from it's own rail. Is this true that they won't line up properly if they are on their own rail? Since I want the blinds to be set inside the frame of the window as far back as possible I'd rather have each blind separate.

Thanks so much for any help of ideas you can give.

Comments (11)