SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goddi_gw

GE Washer-Can't change cleaning modes w/o draining!!!

goddi
12 years ago

I can't believe what GE had done to its clothes washers. I just got a 4250 model, top load. With my prior GE washer, I had full control of everything. I have several issues with this new unit but here is my main problem:

After you have started a cycle of washing clothes, and if you want to change the washing mode (say from Cotton/Heavy to Cotton/Medium), the machine will stop and drain all the water and soap out of the drum and start over.

I was told by the salesman after I complained about this, that all I had to do was to push the Pause button, make the change, and it will not drain. Not true. It still drains and starts over. (However, on one attempt, it did not drain but continued to fill the tub...not sure what I might have done differently).

However, the GE Help line told me that the washing machine will drain the water/soap and start over again if I make a change once it has started. "That is the way it was designed". (I can't believe it....).

So, has anyone found the right combination of button-pushing to be able to change the cleaning mode once it has started its operation...without it draining everything???

Thanks... Gary

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting