SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

Car died

tami_ohio
14 years ago

I was so upset! DD & I went shopping all day. She is on vacation all week, but we went to the mall she works at so I could try on the new Sketchers Shape Up shoes. Then went to a paper store where I like to buy card stock. From there, it's almost an hour drive home. She is another 10 minutes from me. As her S/O's car needs exhaust work, since she is off, he is driving her car, so I had picked her up. Gass tank was down to 1/8th of a tank when we got almost to her house. Gas had gone from $2.64 at 9am to $2.79 by 3 pm. I stopped to have her put in $10 worth, but changed my mind to just 2 gallons. She lives exactly 1 mile from the station. To turn into her drive, I had to wait for traffic. I took my foot off the brake and it just quit! NO warning. She lives on a curve. She jumped out to flag traffic behind me to stop for oncoming. They went around me, then a pickup stopped. When he found out what was wrong, he pushed me with her help into her driveway. It wasn't easy, as I drive a Ford Expedition that I tow a trailer with in the summer, and my side of the road was on the low side of the curve. They had to push me over the crest of the road to get me into the driveway. It would start for about 15 seconds and quit again. We had to call AAA to take it to the dealership. As it is a 2005, it is not under warrenty. The good thing was it happened in front of her house so we could be warm, and there was a very nice young man who stopped to help. It is not a good place for the car to quit in the road. We will see tomorrow what is wrong with it. We don't think it was the 2 gallons of gas we put in it, as we get gas there a lot, and I called. they had sold over 1000 gallons already today with no problems. If there are others who had a problem, they will let me know. DD's sensor went last year and acted the same way. At least that would be cheaper than a new fuel pump.

Tami

Comments (15)