SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pat77_gw

Help choosing between three washers

pat77
13 years ago

My old washer (10 years old) has stopped working and I am looking for a new washer. The dryer still works fine. We had someone come out and look at it and said that it would be better to just get a new one. This is also what a friend who is into DIY said. The machine is a Kenmore 80 series.

So far I am looking mainly at three different machines with the current labor day sales. All the machines are the same price:

Whirlpool WTW5640XW-

Seems to get generally good reviews, but it is a newer model.

Some have problems properly loading washes.

Samsung WF210ANW-

Mostly favorable reviews from consumers.

Appliance repair professionals do not view as highly (long wait time for parts).

Whirlpool WFW9150WW-

Mixed reviews from consumers on various sites.

Highly recommended by appliance repair professionals.

The space it is going in fits the current washer/dryer perfectly. There is a shelf above the unit, so if I were to get the front loaders, I would not be able to get the pedestal. I am not sure if I would want to have to reach down every time doing laundry.

All of the machines have similar features. I don't think I would need to move up to the next models, since the size that these machines are at seems good and I believe a lot of the options would not be used. The only option that seems really useful is the internal heater and then I would need to get a machine that is almost double the price and larger than I need, or get something like the Maytag Centennial which gets mixed reviews.

I have not really seen it discussed, but is there any useful difference between having the glass lid vs the solid lid? Most models charge $50-$100 just for the glass lid and I am not sure it would be worth it.

Right now I am leaning towards the Whirlpool top loader, but am wondering if anyone has used a combination of these machines and has any feedback. Positive or negative experiences with any of these units. Any other recommendations. Thank you.

Comments (7)