SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maries1120

GE RightHeight washer/dryer initial thoughts

maries1120
10 years ago

The washer and dryer were delivered yesterday and our old agitator is gone.

Thanks to info from here I was somewhat prepared. I think the transition would have gone smoother if the washer manual was more detailed. The manual is for 10 models with the 4800 and 4805 being the newest but I think the only updates were the cover and maybe another page or two.

First my negatives so far:
The User Guide

Customer service - due to the manual being so lacking, I emailed customer service with questions. After several we need more time to respond I received some info along with a statement that the "wash infusor plate action is designed to wash clothing effectively for each cycle selected" . Do front loaders have an infuser plate or is their customer service that poor?

Cycle times. I knew they would be longer but trying to find out if this is working right. When you make your selections you get an approximate time. Then it spins for a few minutes while it senses the load. Then we get a time which I think is the time but the actual time is 10-20 minutes more than that. Our first load took 2.5 hrs but we are hoping that was operator error. We didn't know about the load sense and pushing buttons to try to get the water to start. .

The signal end timer. It has 3 settings plus no signal. Even at the loudest it is not very loud.

Pros:
The height of these work for us. I wouldn't want the doors any lower. I didn't have the space above for anything higher.

A lot of options but still easy to do a load. Some features I'm not sure about yet due to lack of info in the manual.

Nice looking machines but they are big. Wide and deep.

Both are very quiet. Unfortunately that includes the end of cycle buzzer.

Cleans well. I have to admit that I was a non-believer that they cleaned better but was amazed at the difference

I'm working with the salesman on the cycle time issue to find out if it is normal or if something isn't right. He offered to try to get answers to any questions I have. Obviously too soon to know reliability but the manual and time issues aside, I'm glad we went with a front loader. Time will tell if this was the right one.

Comments (13)