SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

The kitchen island and the effect on our family

debrak_2008
11 years ago

We finally got our stools last week. The effect was immediate. The next day DD came home from school. Her usual thing to do was sit in front of the tv in the living room and do homework. Well that day she sat down at the island and did her homework there. I was starting dinner and we actually talked! DD is a teenager so actual talking moments are charished. Since then she has been hanging out at the island. DS has started eating breakfast there. DH and I can hang out there for a few somewhat private moments in the evening.

I am so happy. While I knew in my heart it would be a gathering spot it has already exceded my expectations.

Now a few notes. The granite is heated which we all find very enjoyable so it is an attraction when its seven degrees outside. Until this afternoon the island was cluttered with stuff out of the pantry. The pantry is getting a makeover and I needed to put some stuff on the island. So even with most of the island covered with boxes it still brought us together.

Grammer people. I googled to find out if I should use affect or effect. I'm still confused but I tried but may be wrong. : )

Has your new kitchen brought you closer together? Any surprising positive effects?

Comments (27)