SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kek10

Why doesn't my KD like this layout idea?

Kek10
11 years ago

We are trying to get a new layout for our kitchen. Inspired by a kitchen that we loved in a house we almost bought, I suggested moving the fridge basically across the kitchen. If we do this we'd do a full integrated SZ with panel.

The KD said, "With respect to the refrigerator moving to the wall left of the sink, it would in effect be like putting a 26-27" wall there and would NOT be a
layout that I'd suggest."

DH kind of agrees, saying it will block all the light from the new window over the sink. But I kind of don't get it, since it's only as deep as the SZ. Maybe I'm underestimating how much light it will block?

I was kind of taken with this layout and I like it better than anything so far (which has been (1) swap sink/cooktop and (2) put sink where cooktop is, and put the cooktop on the same wall as the fridge/ovens). I know we live here and not the KD but does he have a point?

Any thoughts? Any better layout ideas? I do not want cooktop on the island.

TIA for any feedback! (New layout pic here. Note this is terribly hand drawn, not to scale, and just a very basic idea of what we're looking at.)

Comments (7)