SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dknipe

Time for a change ....need help with sofa/ upholstery choices

Sidney4
11 years ago

Maybe its that time of year but I have decided my great room needs an overhaul. My ivory linen sofa and love seat that worked so well for 18 years in my former formal living room don't function well in our current great room where they get daily use. I'm hoping some of you can help with my redo...starting with the upholstered pieces.

Here is a little background. Even though the room has a very traditional feel my tastes run more to the eclectic. I like mixing modern with traditional and I'm not big on rooms where everything is overly matched and all the elements of the room seem to blend it. That being said there is a fine line between eclectic and confused. When it comes to upholstered furniture , I get a little nervous about committing to something that is out of the box that I might grow tired of in a year or two. I worry about choices that are weird but I don't want to swing in the other direction and go with some thing safe but predictable.

Here is a picture of my room as it looks now. Since I will be on a very tight budget i would like to hang onto the rug and club chairs for now. Anything else we can reuse would be great also. I am anxious to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Here is a close up of the rug.

I also brought home several fabric samples which i will share with you after I have heard some of your feedback. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor