SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Which table do you like better?

2ajsmama
14 years ago

We got the table to put the DVD player on under the wallmounted TV. It'll take a while to get it finished and together (it came packed flat in a box so I figured I should stain and finish the pieces, then assemble it). It's a fairly close match to my end tables, I'm going to substitute the pulls from the fake drawers on the coffee table I'm selling (just fill the holes - I haven't finished the coffee table yet, just stained, so shouldn't be too hard, or I could just put 3 knobs on it). I don't know whether I should put fake tenons on the front or not, or put slats in the back like the sofa table that actually matches the set.

Here's the unfinished table

Here are my end tables

Here is the sofa table that matches the collection (but isn't sold in this area and was $200 more than the unfinished, plus too wide for the space)

And here are the 2 options - slats or no slats - for the table I'm trying to make like it it. Bad Paint job, sorry. Please vote for tenons or no tenons as well, even though it was too hard to mock them up. I can always add slats after the table is finished, but I need to do tenons before I stain (or at least b4 I finish) the legs.

The slats won't do too much to hide cords in the back since DVD player will be on top, but it will hide the power cords until I get the outlet moved 2 ft higher.

Comments (3)