SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

So tired of crazy family members

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

I got a new patient this afternoon, walked in and recognized the patient and his wife. Well, I said so and she started ranting about me not taking care of her husband the last time he was here, how he almost died and I didn't take his vital signs all day, blah, blah, blah.

Ok, so I don't remember any of that but now I REALLY do remember HER. She is a crazy B_____! I told her I would get another nurse to take care of her husband and walked out. I swapped with another nurse and told the charge nurse what was going on. Turns out he was fine the last time I had him and I picked him up at 4 pm from another nurse who went home on her 8 hour day. I only had him for 4 hours! Charge nurse investigated and told me after the wife complained to the nursing office downstairs and they called the charge nurse about me. He didn't have any issues until the next morning when he was NOT my patient.

I'm glad she flipped out on me because now I have a reason to not take him as a patient and so don't have to deal with HER. Feel bad for everyone else, though.

Had a busy day, didn't take any full breaks and still have to deal with crap like that. I'm so glad I only have 7 more years before I can retire-lol!

Comments (19)