SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

good knife in the dishwasher, oh no!

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

I know they always say not to put good knives in the dishwasher. Well, my boyfriend was helping me clean up last night after I slaved in the kitchen (chicken Alfredo with homemade noodles and fresh bread with roasted garlic... must have used every dish and utensil I owned... the "stuff" drawer was literally empty by the time I was finished!). I started unloading the dishwasher tonight after work and discovered that my good santoku knife which I have meticulously washed by hand for the the entire year that I had it went for spin in the dishwasher (along with my no freeze handle ice cream scoop grrrrrr) last night. Is one time OK? Should I sharpen the knife or is it ruined? It's not by any means a pricey knife, but it's my only non serrated blade and the nicest one I own. I put the cheap ones in there, but I've tried (successfully heretofore) to keep this one out to keep it nice and sharp. It was on the top rack, but it also went through the heated dry cycle. Any of you ever had something damage by someone with good intentions trying to help you clean up? Thanks!

Comments (4)