SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlromin

Is there a Holy Grail SS sink for me?

girlromin
10 years ago

Dear GWers -
I have searched every SS sink posting here and all the links provided . . . and I still haven't found what I'm looking for . . .

-Single SS bowl, undermount
-Brushed finish (will be in front of a window that faces east so I am wondering about bright reflections, but that's my only SS worry. I love everything else, the patina, etc. It's just the right material for us.)
-16 gauge (or super quality 18)
-Up to a 33" width (cabinet is slated to be 36")
-well draining - I've seen too many posts about chasing food particles around with the sprayer
-abililty to slide a cutting board on (but not zero radius that seems too hard to clean - is that incompatible?)

So far so good - maaaannnny sink choices out there but then:
-Ideally 8" or less in depth (I'm really convinced by this)
-off-set drain - ideally to the LEFT (this seems to be the deal breaker)

My DW will be to the right of my sink with the eat-in kitchen beyond that. I really want to have my trash pull-out under the the 36" sink base (as you so cleverly have taught me!) but on the right so folks don't walk behind me (or push me away from the sink, just to throw something or scrape & load DW). To do that well, it seems that I'd want the disposal on the left, yet I don't see any sinks that have the drain off-set to the left. Am I missing something? Can I achieve the pull-out just as well with a rear drain? (I will have a little extra depth here - sink is in front of a deep window - if that somehow helps.)

BTW, your raves about Silgranit led me to check it out (since I trust GW with every decision about my kitchen) and I'm sure I would love it, but the depth and off-set to the right seem not to work. SS seems to have many more options, plus I like it - I just can't find the whole package.

The closest I've seen is the Proflo PFUC308 which is 8" deep, but only 18 gauge and rear drain . . . plus it's only 30" which seems to squander my opportunity to go wider. Anyone hear of/have this one? Or one ADA sink which was 5.5 inches - seems too shallow.

I know that I can get a sink custom made for me - and I will investigate - but it kills me to spend that kind of money if there's another answer that I haven't considered.

So chime in! Correct me! Challenge me! Help me find my sink!! (And please tell me that every decision will not cause this level of agony!)
Grazie!

Comments (13)