SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Oh joy, toilet out of commission

schoolhouse_gw
11 years ago

I was mopping and cleaning in the bathroom this afternoon when I bumped something behind the toilet near the underside of the tank - a nice stream of water proceeded to flood the floor. I did have the sense to flush and then shut off the intake valve. Got my tools and tried my best to tighten a bolt I thought was the culprit - could not find the right size crescent wrench or even get in a position to reach the nut on the bolt.

So I phone the guy who does my work for me - he's working in Dayton and won't be able to come fix it until Wednesday. However, he'll call his dad and have him come over - but not until 7pm. Ok. Well, dad doesn't get here until 8pm and shows up with the wrong size bolts and left with the tank off the toilet base. He's coming back tomorrow around noon. Meanwhile it's the ole' bucket routine. ugh. Not that I have no experience with that due to all the power outages and freezes over the years but I still don't enjoy it. At least the toilet can be used, so I should be grateful for that.

Comments (11)