SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

The "new knee" coming in late Sept...oh joy...;-)

Faron79
9 years ago

Uffda!
Finally got some scheduling/home issues planned out.

My new left knee will happen on Fri. 9-26. YIKES! That's 10 days after my 53rd B-day!

Soooooo...I'll have the tail-end of Sept. "off", as well as all of Oct., & maybe into mid-Nov. We were reasoning that yard-work will be minimal during that time, work at the store will be at a slower pace, & I'll be fairly mobile again by the time the snow flies!

You may recall, last Fall (Nov.) I think, I first mentioned this after reviewing the MRI-results with my Ortho-Surgeon. Due to a HS-Football injury (MCL-Ligament tear) in 1978, the knee has slooooowwly gotten worse over the decades, with pain/stiffness behind the kneecap increasing last Fall.

2/3 of the Meniscus behind left kneecap is now gone! So, the repair involves new "ends" of the Femur/Tibia. This will give the new(?)/re-lined(?) kneecap a better track to slide on. It's been tracking-off for some time I guess... Then, He'll slide the kneecap over by adjusting cartilage/ligaments.

So, if I'm sitting at the table or something, pain soon starts at the kneecap!

I'm not sure if I'm "looking-forward" to latter Sept., or "dreading it"....LOL!? ;-)

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Ortho/Knee info. here...

Comments (17)