SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monica_pa

Pernell Roberts (Adam Cartwright/Trapper John) has died.

monica_pa Grieves
14 years ago

I had such a crush on him. Still watch Bonanza reruns if he is the featured character.

He was 81 years old.

Bought tickets to see him in a play at KOP Music Fair. I was sitting on an end seat, felt someone behind me..and he was standing THIS close, waiting to make his entrance. I almost fainted.

RIP, Pernell/Adam.

Comments (15)

• kacram
    14 years ago

Oh, No! I loved him too. He was a few decades too old for me, but I WAS watching re-runs, afterall. He was my fav!

And that other show he was on...Where he was a doctor, and the young doctor had an RV in the hospital parking lot! (or was it HIM??) my memory is shot.

RIP Adam!

• monica_pa Grieves
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trapper John

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

I loved him too and sorry he's gone

• imn2crafts
    14 years ago

Oh I loved him also, all the men in Bonanza.was great. Little Joe had my heart from the get-go...RIP Adam

• evatx
    14 years ago

Aw, sorry to hear that. He was one of my favorites.

• monica_pa Grieves
    Original Author
    14 years ago

imn2crafts...my father worked with Michael Landon's (Little Joe)father. Gene (Eugene Orowitz was his real name) hung out with the teenage boys on our street - I was about 6 years younger. They were good kids, but got into a lot of, let's say, discipline problems - with the local cops.

• nodakgal
    14 years ago

I saw this on the evening news. The last of the Bonanza men.
    I'm sorry he is gone.

• ann_in_florida
    14 years ago

I was so sorry to hear this on the news today. Bonanza was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I still catch reruns on Sunday mornings. Those guys really made a great team of actors!

• molly109
    14 years ago

I couldn't believe that he was 81. He was the
    cutest. "Adam" is the only reason I ever watched
    Bonanza as a kid.

RIP "Adam"

• gadgets
    14 years ago

Just a few days ago when I heard the Bonanza theme, I started thinking about Pernell being the only one still alive. I still like that show....never watched the Trapper John one.

Shirley

• kittywhiskers
    14 years ago

I also had a crush on him. Love Bonanza when I was a kid. Use to day dream about being the kid sister with all those handsome older brothers and Ben wasn't bad on the eyes either. Haven't seen it in ages. Will, have to check the TV listing chances are they will air the rerun more often now for a while. RIP Adam
    Kittywhiskers

• gadgets
    14 years ago

Kittywhiskers, Bonanza is on TVLand a lot.

Shirley

• socks
    14 years ago

I loved that show, and he was so handsome. The newspaper article said he left the show early because he thought it was unrealistic for three grown men to be living with their father and having to ask his advice and permission for every little thing. He's the last one of the 4 to pass away. It was a different kind of Western because it was less violet than others.

• jannie
    14 years ago

I had a crush on him, too. Besides being an actor, he was a singer and had performed on Broadway.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

I'm another gal with a big time crush on him. While most of my girlfriends were busy watching other showa (other shows?...what other shows??), I was busy watching Bonanza and Pernell Roberts. Now that was a man's man and a woman's man, too ;o) He and Charleton Heston were my first "movie star" crushes from my earliest memory of having crushes.