SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kai2006

Can a dryer be vented through a window?

kai2006
17 years ago

I've been doing forum searches, but have not seen this specific question come up:

Can a dryer be vented through a window?

I live in an apartment, and have space in my kitchen for a compact dryer. There is also a window in the kitchen to the outside - so I am wondering if the dryer could vent out in this manner. And if so, would water be dripping out or something?

Thanks, and I look forward to your helpful responses...

As an aside, this is a great forum, and packed with helpful information. I have pretty much decided against a washer/dryer combo based on what I've read here. I am now leaning toward the Danby DWM99W Top Loader.

Of course, I'm still left with the question of how to dry the clothes. Since there's a laundry room literally right outside my apartment, it wouldn't be a big deal to use the machines to dry the clothes (I won't use the building washers because they do a lousy job, and for sanitary reasons - god knows what people are washing in there!)

Still, I'd prefer to be able to wash and dry the clothes in my place without having to step foot in that laundry room, so I'm hoping I can vent through that window.

Comments (8)